Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok im not sure why, but a week ago my face was really dry and was flaky as hell, but now im producing so much oil i can fry eggs on my forehead! It looks really oily when i apply DK moisturizer. Do i need to increase the dosage of the BP? because im still using about 1 1/4 pump. Even with only BP on my face it seems like i dont need moisturizer. I also read that irritation can cause the skin to react and cause more oil production, and i think i kinda irritate my skin when i use the baby brush method.

Any solution?? :think:

I noticed that my skin is more oily once I started the baby brush method. But I'm not sure if that is the cause. Maybe use the baby brush every other day might lessen the oilyness. Make sure you do it gently to avoid irritation. Also if you intend to work up to the full dosage of BP then go ahead and increase it a little.

My case is a little different. My skin seems really oily but it is extremely flaky around my jawline.

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe it is the baby brush method because i do it every time i wash my face. Ill try and do it every other day instead. Ill also try and increase to 1 1/2 pumps. But maybe its something else? I just hate walking around with an oily shiney face at school. You know what i mean?

Yes I definitely know what you mean. I have to blo tmy face a few times a day just to make sure it is not an oil slick. I myself am going to be more gentle with the baby brush. I use it once a day.

If your skin is handling the BP well, I'd go for the full 2 pumps and see what happens. You can always use less if its too drying.

Also, today was the first day I noticed any oil. I'm going to try not moisturizing my T zone for a day (forehead, nose, and chin) since these are the areas that get the oiliest. See if that helps. I'm also going to try using a little less moisturizer overall. I just switched to Dan's moisturizer, and it's more hydrating than my old one. I think it moisturizes my skin so well that it may not need it every time I do my regimen.

Anyway, that's what i'm going to do.

Debra :)

well i didnt go to school today because i was extremely stressed out last night and had lots of stuff on my mind and couldnt sleep.:wall: but i just took a shower without exfoliating with the baby brush and it seems like my face isnt as oily as it was yesturday. I also didnt add moisturizer last night which i think helped as well.

I tried not using moisturiser but my face is just as oily on my forehead, cheeks and nose. Plus it is dry and flaky at my jawline. I think I might exfoliate only the flaky parts of my face and see how it goes.