Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

All inclusive resorts...

My boyfriend wants to go to an all inclusive resort in either the dominican or mexico or somewhere like that... and all I could thinka bout when he mentioned it was "what am I going to eat??" Has anyone here been to an all inclusive resort while on a special diet.... I am allergic to dairy... I feel like my eating options would be very limited... do you have any suggestions even in which countries would have the best, healthiest food? I'm so stressed about this... vacations shouldnt be stressfull :(...

Argentina

It's safe to say that all of Argentina is on the Atkins Diet. And why shouldn't it be? Argentineans look much healthier (read: thinner) than Americans and they don't suffer from heart disease and high blood pressure like we do.

My boyfriend wants to go to an all inclusive resort in either the dominican or mexico or somewhere like that... and all I could thinka bout when he mentioned it was "what am I going to eat??" Has anyone here been to an all inclusive resort while on a special diet.... I am allergic to dairy... I feel like my eating options would be very limited... do you have any suggestions even in which countries would have the best, healthiest food? I'm so stressed about this... vacations shouldnt be stressfull :(...

So you guys dont think I should be concerned hey? I guess I just get nervous... I ate some soup with milk (not on purpose) in it on the weekend and I had awful stomach pains and I broke out form it... I just dont want to make that mistake at a resort where barely anyone understands english and will not be able to tell me what is in the food.

Well, I would think they are less with the dairy on the islands than mainland Mexico. But can't think of too many Mexican dishes that are made with dairy other than the obvious cheese enchiladas which they really don't eat as much of as people think. There is a topping they use a lot which is kind of like sour cream which they just call crema, and it is in the sauce of Enchiladas Verde which is an authentic and common dish.

Just learn some phrases and words and ask. The Si or No response will be easy to understand. I don't know the Spanish word for dairy offhand, but milk is leche, cheese is queso, butter is mantequilla, and the sour cream is crema although in some places they call it mantequilla blanco.

Just tell them 'no leche' or 'sin leche'. Sin means without. Or ask 'tiene leche?'

Besides, meals at all-inclusives tend to be buffet style and you can see what's obviously not dairy and what could be suspect.