Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hoursafter

Scar Emotional Issues

I know there is a topic similar to this in here, but I didn't really feel like searching. I'm at a really shitty point right now. I have severe body scarring on the back and chest. I also had a girlfriend. She broke up with me. I know it wasn't directly because of the body scars.

However, I think scars create emotional scars and change your personality. I think my scars have really given me a lack of confidence and an inability to love myself before others first. I spend to much time trying to make other people happy so they'll like me rather than trying to please myself.

Acne has got to be near the top in mental effects caused by strictly physical symptoms. Does that make sense?

I know there is a topic similar to this in here, but I didn't really feel like searching. I'm at a really shitty point right now. I have severe body scarring on the back and chest. I also had a girlfriend. She broke up with me. I know it wasn't directly because of the body scars.

However, I think scars create emotional scars and change your personality. I think my scars have really given me a lack of confidence and an inability to love myself before others first. I spend to much time trying to make other people happy so they'll like me rather than trying to please myself.

Acne has got to be near the top in mental effects caused by strictly physical symptoms. Does that make sense?

Oh yeah, I think you are refering to me. I had a girlfriend too, but she broke up with me during the period that I had severe acne. Though it might not be because of the acne, but because of it I suffered "emotional scars" like what you desrcibed and might had a change of personality, she sensed the changed and dumped me.

So am i going to be single the rest of my life? Maybe, as i believe you have to feel good about yourself and love yourself first before you can love others. So, basically scars totally ruined my life and probably affects me from finding a partner, and my parents still call it a small matter. And they are always asking me to find a girlfriend, stop lazing around etc... I seriously feel like exploding at them...

Well I recently left my gf, because she had wandering eyes. Although my scarring isn't severe, it does affect me greatly. It definitely has had an impact on my confidence and personality, and I blame that on the destruction of my relationship.

Oh well, maybe I can just deal with drunk sloppy bar sluts until I fix myself either physically or mentally. The thought of being single for a long time is painful again, I'd honestly much rather be in a strong relationship then be a swinger. I'm honestly considering therapy, although I've had bad experiences with them in the past. It's hard to find one that actually cares and doesn't glance at the wall clock every 5 minutes.