Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leopold

Other people noticing and paranoia

I work at a private English school in China, and a few months ago (when the minocycline was still working and I was still clear-skinned) this game came in for a placement interview. He had the worst acne I have ever seen in my life, ever. He had cystic acne all over his scalp and face, yellowheads everywhere, and you could see how it was affecting him. Poor guy, I felt so, so bad for him. We conducted the interview (a painful experience due to the guy's obvious awkwardness in talking to other people) and the guy left. My interview partner straight away made a big song and dance about how disgusting the guy's skin was, how freaked out he was, yadda yadda.

I told him that it wasn't the guy's fault and that he should stop being such an arse, but it just goes to show. Obviously this was a very extreme case, but some people DO notice and they do make snide comments behind your back. I for one am very paranoid about this- I imagine people referring to me as 'that guy with the crappy skin' and such. I know that when I think about it logically it's highly unlikely that they do- I'm friendly with most them- but it doesn't stop the paranoia.

How about you? Do you get paranoid about people gossiping behind your back?

Only when im high. But ive come to grips with the fact that All we are is dust in the wind. Your my boy blue!!!

The soul is eternal and all we are is memory so nothings gonna bring me down.

I know for sure that people do talk about other people's skin behind their back. But as long as I try my best to cure my acne I don't really give damn what they think. They are just asses who don't know how it feels. People like that are not worth my attention.

People will always notice things about others, whether it's their weight, skin or what they are wearing and if they are with someone else, they will probably comment.

We will always be self conscious to a certain degree, about what people think or say behind our back about our flaws, it's only human nature and of course we all worry what others think, but it's all about how you feel about yourself, not what someone else thinks or might think/say behind your back.

Life is too short to worry about what other people think. If they are worth our time and effort, it won't matter, because on the inside we are still the same lovable person, regardless of our exterior flaws.

yeah don't worry, i think we are all guilty of throwaway comments. I saw kid with acne in the park today and this girl who I'm friends with (she's like 14 so a bit immature) was like "errr that's gross" and I told her not to be so judgemental and that it shouldn't matter. I think she took it on board.

Seriously don't worry though you said you were clear so your probs fine