Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

Green smoothie seems to have made me nauseous/ill.

I can't say definitively, but I was feeling fine this morning and then I made the smoothie and some time shortly thereafter I started feeling very nauseous/fatigued. Have sort of an acidic taste in my mouth, as well. The only thing I can think of is that the baby spinach was a few days expired, but I didn't think it was enough to cause any sort of problems.

Alternatively, I know a friend of mine was feeling like this last week and it's entirely possible I caught a stomach flu from him. But I'm not vomiting or anything like that. Just nauseous/tired.

What do you guys think? Is this mild food poisoning or stomach flu or what?

It takes a while to adjust to high fiber foods and raw foods in general. Some consider the transition (consisting of fatigue and gas) to be a detoxification process. I felt the exact same way for the first 2 weeks of these smoothies. DIZZY. TIREDNESS. GAS. It was horrible, but now all the symptoms are gone. Good luck!

It takes a while to adjust to high fiber foods and raw foods in general. Some consider the transition (consisting of fatigue and gas) to be a detoxification process. I felt the exact same way for the first 2 weeks of these smoothies. DIZZY. TIREDNESS. GAS. It was horrible, but now all the symptoms are gone. Good luck!

I hope that's it. I'd hate to think it's something more serious. But I do tend to be a hypochondriac.

Only one way to find out really - make some more with nice fresh greens :)

It could be your body reacting to the greens they take a bit of getting used to as they clean you out detox style.

They're worth it tho trust me x