Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but the holistic forum is super intelligent and I need help so..

I have a job interview tommorow and I just got a HUGE pimple on my cheek. My sister is a veteranerian (spelling?) and has access to cortizone. I want to inject this badboy and she said she could get me what I need but she tells me there are different kinds of cortizone. So is there anybody here who knows the right kind of cortizone to use??? I just need to know the type/name/ingredients or whatever. Anything would be of help. ANYTHING. time is of the essence. Somebody help otherwise its me playing Russian Roulette with my face.

This site hasnt let me down yet.

Is cortisone used on active pimples, or scars? I just rememmebr reading about cortisone injections and people injecting pimples. Not sure if they were talking about the same thing. If not cortisone, then what would you use to inject a pimple. Sorry if it sounds like Im ranting here, but Im desperate.

Is cortisone used on active pimples, or scars? I just rememmebr reading about cortisone injections and people injecting pimples. Not sure if they were talking about the same thing. If not cortisone, then what would you use to inject a pimple. Sorry if it sounds like Im ranting here, but Im desperate.

Yikes! I understand how you feel. I actually have a job interview tomorrow as well and can be extremely self-conscious about my spots. I have been interviewing a lot lately actually and have done 8 so far this week, so I've been kind of in the swing of it. I can't say that I know much about the cortisone, but what I will say is probably what you already know. Try not to think about it and don't do anything that might make it worse than it already is. Stay positive and don't let the interviewer notice that it bothers you. Smile a lot, laugh a lot, focus on what you say and how act, and your spot will be the last thing they remember.

Good luck! :D

if you come and bring something to the table, i really doubt they would base their decision on the pimple on your neck. If they did, that would be a very bad business move.

just go in with confidence, it'll work out....

Have you tried holding an ice cube to it? It won't hurt and can only help. I find it really helps in emergency type situations.

Corticosteroid Injection. Intralesional injection of triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog), 1.0 to 2.5 mg per mL of solution, will lead to rapid resolution of most cystic lesions in two to three days.[22] Stock solutions should be diluted in normal saline or 1 percent lidocaine (Xylocaine) to appropriate concentrations. The corticosteroid is injected into the cyst with a 27- to 30-gauge needle. It is important to inject a minimal amount and to do so superficially to avoid local steroid atrophy.

Hope this is specific enough

Corticosteroid Injection. Intralesional injection of triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog), 1.0 to 2.5 mg per mL of solution, will lead to rapid resolution of most cystic lesions in two to three days.[22] Stock solutions should be diluted in normal saline or 1 percent lidocaine (Xylocaine) to appropriate concentrations. The corticosteroid is injected into the cyst with a 27- to 30-gauge needle. It is important to inject a minimal amount and to do so superficially to avoid local steroid atrophy.

Hope this is specific enough

I have had over 100 shots in my life...only 2 atrophied. They both came back up within weeks. That being said, a doctor administered them.... Keep in mind that they just don't go down instantly. They still need 24 hours to go down. Sometimes they get bigger before they flatten out. You wouldn't want the inflation to occur during that interview. Also, I sincerely believe you shouldn't do it unless you have control overself---once you see how effective it is, you might be tempted to keep on doing it for those huge cysts and eventually ruin your face. I know someone who caused many scars because he saw the how effective self-administered shots were and became a little to enthusiastic, shall we say. All the best.

How did it all go? As it turned out at mine, my interviewer had several spots on his forehead and neck as well! So, obviously it did not play any role in our discussion, and I ended up accepting the job. :dance:

I generally use toothpaste directly on pimples if I need to get rid of them quickly.

I also had an interview. It wasnt a big interview cause i just need some money right now and some experience to put on resume so i can get a decent paying job in seattle and move out. But it was nerve racking and i will have to work in some weird lighting and natural lighting. But i got job non the less. Maybe a job will help me keep my mind and hands off face during the day.