Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starfish13

getting sick of this...

allright so i have been on dkr for about 4 months now and it's wonderful. i found the right products to help with flaking and redness and all that great stuff. but with or without makeup, all the time, my face is a different color than my neck. and before you say it i use emo oil twice a day and it does nothing. i mean my face isn't red necessarily, but it is always darker than the rest of my skin. maybe it's because my complexion is so pale but it still sucks. anyone have ANY suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you use sunscreen? Or at least some product with SPF? I've read that BP makes your skin more photosensitive. Maybe that is why your face tans faster than the rest of your body?

The same here :dry:

I noticed some improvement after I started using moisturiser with aha in it, give it a try :)

Same here, my face has always been a little darker than the rest of my body. To be honest it doesn't really bother me.

Could it be that yours have always been the same way too, but you're noticing it just now when your face is clearer and you look at it differently. Don't know.

maybe you need to exfoliate. My face was tanner then my neck a few days ago untill i started exfoliating. One way of doing this is using the baby brush method. I would put the link to the thread, but im typing this on my ipod.

I have the same problem as you. The skin on my face is a different color than my neck and the rest of my body. I have tried changing many things and still have the problem. Not sure if the thing that is causing your skin color to be different is the same as mine.

Here are some questions to think about:

-Does your skin feel tight on your face?

-Is it sensitive to environment changes? (like cold to hot place)

Sometimes I think the skin can just be really stubborn when you put products on it and can cause the skin to change according to what you put on.

Mine has always been pinker than say the skin on my neck. This came with puberty/acne/oily skin and it's remained so. It's been worse at times with harsh acne meds, but for some people I think it's just what topicals do.

Pink here, too. Not great, but a small price to pay for clear skin. I'm not really too bothered by it, but then again I'm out of the dating scene, since I'm married. I don't wear makeup or recommend it but if it's a night you're going out maybe try makeup that's a shade lighter. Or using a little makeup on your neck to help things blend. That's about all I can think of. Sorry.

Debra

Thanks everyone for your replies. A lot of helpful input. I do have the baby brush and have tried the method. I use it for nights when I need to remove makeup. Maybe I should try doing it everyday. I just thought that would be too irritating. But now that I know other people have that problem and pretty much figure there's nothing to be done, oh well I guess. Haha. You're right, it is a small price to pay for clear skin! Thanks again everyone!!

Just got a new, better baby brush too. Feels some much softer than the one I had before, even though they should be the same thing. Might just start using the method daily.

Just got a new, better baby brush too. Feels some much softer than the one I had before, even though they should be the same thing. Might just start using the method daily.

yeah i always thought the baby brush recommended before was too rough. do you have the link for this new brush?