Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragz999

family/friends what they really think

I always wonder what family/friends other people you know really think about your acne?

I hear them say things like "you look fine", "its not too bad", "we dont care about your skin"

But what do they really think, has has anyone caught people talking behind the back about their acne?

I always wonder what family/friends other people you know really think about your acne?

I hear them say things like "you look fine", "its not too bad", "we dont care about your skin"

But what do they really think, has has anyone caught people talking behind the back about their acne?

mine is the opposite..my mom would randomly bring out the subject when she sees me sometimes even when theres other people in the house..thats why i avoid them sometimes now..and it sucks doing that..

I just posted in another thread similar to this one :whistle:

People will always notice things about others, whether it's their weight, skin or what they are wearing and if they are with someone else, they will probably comment.

We will always be self conscious to a certain degree, about what people think or say behind our back about our flaws, it's only human nature and of course we all worry what others think, but it's all about how you feel about yourself, not what someone else thinks or might think/say behind your back.

Life is too short to worry about what other people think. If they are worth our time and effort, it won't matter, because on the inside we are still the same lovable person, regardless of our exterior flaws.

If you had 3 extra arms but only 1 elbow, friends and family will say it's fine. Their perspective is a little skewed heh.

My mom always pointed it out to me...like I don't see it every freaking day. There's one time in particular I'll never forget. I had to take some medication for an outpatient surgery; the pills contained codeine and I had some bad reactions to it. One of them was an acne flare up. I developed the biggest cyst I'd ever had in my life. The thing was as big as a quarter, dark red and purple, and stretched the skin so much that it was wrinkly - only the thinnest of a layer was holding all of the fluid back. Needless to say, it was disgusting. I was already embarrassed enough, but my mom freaking out with, "Oh my god! What is that thing on your face!" with an open-mouthed gawk was the straw that broke the camel's back. I lashed out, then broke down. She hasn't made a remark about my acne since, but she still lets her eyes roam all over my face and it physically looks like she bites her tongue. If anyone in my family talks behind my back about acne, she'd be the one to do it.

One of my brothers still has acne and horrible scarring, but we never talk about it. He was teased throughout school. He's gone through the emotional wringer. Still, he's got one heckuva terrific wife and I'm assuming he has learned to accept for what it is. If he's still got issues with it, he never brings it up and he's never commented on mine. I doubt he would though since mine is nowhere near as severe as his.

I have 3 friends and no, I don't believe they talk about my acne because there are tons of other things to talk about when it comes to them. They're great people and that's why they're my friends. Everyone else can go suck rotten eggs and talk about my unimportant acne until monkeys control the world for all I care.

I like that attitude Siava, monkeys and all.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

Dont dwell on these things.

When I started my trial of the various lasers, etc. my friends would notice that my face was red and all bruised, and ask what had happened, etc. Prior to me trying these treatments, my friends were pretty much silent, ( including those around me in school, etc.) which makes me feel pretty lucky that I didnt have to go thru what so many others out there do. A true testament of this fact is one of my most clueless friends ( he really seems out there sometimes when it comes to his logic, etc.. lol ) but very aware of looks, etc. asked me why my face was all red, etc. ( following a laser treatment ) which I then explained was for my acne scars, etc. He just looked at me and said he's never noticed anything wrong with my skin. People can be very harsh, but I feel anger ( both externally and internally ) is the driving factor when it comes to the comments / remarks people make.