am:

-cetaphil gentle cleanser

-clindamycin.

-cetaphil daily moisturizer.

pm:

cetaphil gentle cleanser.

-clindamycin.

-wait 10/15 min, apply differin.

-when needed, i apply cetaphil moisturizer, but lately i'm finding i don't need it!

i started keeping track on my own the day that i started, so this log starts on march 21. i started out using differin/clindamycin every other night for about a week. then up to everynight after.

march21: differin and clindamycin.

march22: clindamycin. one active.

march23: differin and clindamycin. starting to peel a little. still the one active pimple. :(

march24: clindamycin. peeling. one new active, other one healed.

march25: took an am break from clindamycin because i was really red from it. used clindamycin at night with differin. really red and peely. still one active... have a few bumps but arent noticeable at all. i can just feel them. (tying to be really good and not mess with them!)

march26: clindamycin. red and peeling. one new active. previous one healed.

march27: clindamycin/differin. active one already healed! :) completely clear today, no new active pimples. no redness either! just peeling a little.

march28: starting differin everynight now with clindamycin sitll in the am&pm. no new active. no redness or peeling. yay!

march29: clindamycin/differin. still completely clear! no redness or peeling.

march30: clindamycin/differin. clear! no redness or peeling.

march31: clindamycin/differin. face is used to it now, no more redness/peeling from now on. :) one new active, though. :(

april01: clindamycin/differin. still one active and its so irritated from picking..blllaaaah.

april 02: clindamycin/differin. the active one from yesterday is already healing cause i loaded it with clindamycin! whew. BUT.. i do have a new spot that feels like its forming. you can't raelly see it, but i can definitely feel it. doesn't feel good...but i'm going to stop messing with it and maybe it will just go away.

i'll keep updating everyday now instead of weeks at a time. haha, i got a late start.

i also have pictures, but i don't know how i feel about posting them yet. :) maybe soon.

wish me luck :)

Hey great log! I'm on roughly the same regimen, I'm glad it looks like it's working for you. Best of luck to you!

hey piroshky! yeah i saw your log and noticed we're about on the same thing. thanks, best of luck to you, too. :) i'm confident and staying positive that this will work for me!

update for

APRIL03:

differin/clindamycin. the one healing spot that i had is completely gone!! i am seriously so amazed at how fast my active pimples are healing now that i'm putting differin on every night. the one that was active yesterday is already pretty much healed, too. just a little tender and pinkish. i will be at my two week mark tomorrow. lets hope i continue to improve and surpass any crazy initial breakout. wish me luck! : )

april04: clindamycin/differin. completely clear, just red marks.

april05: clindamycin/differin. still clear!! i actually used differin am/pm because my face isnt red or sensitive at all to it anymore. is that bad?

april06: clindamycin/differin am&pm. completely clear! :) :) :) and noticed that my skin actually looks pretty good when i get out of the shower.. really soft and smooth.

by the way, i'm sick of being so pale so i got the sally hansen airbrush self tanner and its soo sooo nice!! i think it also mgiht contribute to how smooth my face is lately because it contains retinol. gives such good color without being orange and streaky!! (heres a tip... they have a bottle especially for your face, but i chedcked and they have ALL the same ingredients as the one for your body... so save your money and buy the body one and get more!)

april07: not sure if this is a good idea or not but ive started to use differin am and pm. my face isnt irritated at all from it! still clearn

april08: clindamycin/differin am&pm. still clear!

april09: same routine am/pm. mostly clear but for two REALLY SMALL pimples that will go away soon.

april10: am/pm. still have the small pimples but they're barely even noticable. other than that, clear!

Hi Mallory,

Just curious if you have a lot of red marks from previous breakouts? I am on clindamycin/differin and am also getting really good results. But even though my face is really smooth and I seem to be almost totally clear, I don't think you can really tell...because I still have a lot of those pesky red marks!

Hi Mallory,

Just curious if you have a lot of red marks from previous breakouts? I am on clindamycin/differin and am also getting really good results. But even though my face is really smooth and I seem to be almost totally clear, I don't think you can really tell...because I still have a lot of those pesky red marks!

hey! glad to see you are getting good results, too! i do have some redmarks. they are actually getting TONS better though. i definitely notice a difference. i "hide" them by using sally hansen's self-tanner on my face... it works really well. just a cheap quickfix! thanks for checking out my log, and good luck! :)