Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smile again

acne on the right side of face

ive noticed that all my attacks the last 3 months have mostly been on the right side of my face!

and i usually sleep on that side! could my laundry detergent be a big culprit here!!???

Or maybe your pillow case is dirty? I change my pillow case every 2 weeks, not sure if it helps or not.

if its only happening on the right side of your face, there's most likely something happening to it that doesnt happen to the other parts of your skin. Sleeping on it could be the culprit, but just make sure to keep your guard up for anything that could be affecting the right side of your face, like leaning on your hand or something.

make sure you don't use softener. and try to change your pillow case every week or so. see if it helps.

I get acne worse on the right side of my face too, but it's weird because I usually like to sleep on my stomach with the LEFT side of my face on the pillow... I have to change my pillow case every 2 nights at least, but that's because for some reason I sweat excessively at night

Also, is your hair long enough to get caught between your face and the pillow? If so, try putting it up when you go to bed. Like you, one side of my face had more acne than the other because of my hair. I'd also wake up to find that my hand found its way between my cheek and the pillow as well. This might look cute on greeting cards, but it's hell on acne! Good luck to ya.

boy u guys are sure correct...yeah my hair could def be laying against my cheek! and posibbley hands too! thought maybe the left side of my brain was more suptceptable to acne, hense my right side breaking out ;)