Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Sol

What moisturizer and cleanser (or soap) do you recommend?

I don't know what moisturizer and soap to use. I've been on the regimen since the beginning of the school year and my face is clear but I my skin is blotchy, I have some redmarks and one side just seems a little blotchy. I did use the neutrogena bar of soap, the one dan recommended, but it really dried my face up a lot. So I currently switched to the Aveeno clear complexion soap, but it contains .5% SA, and I heard that you should use a soap or cleanser without any active acne fighting ingredients while on the regimen. So what do you think?? Oh another quick thing. I have oily skin and its weird because after I wash my face my nose is shiny, yet the rest of my face isn't. Why is that?? My nose is the oliest part of my face but why does it shine after I wash my face??? Well get back to me.

cetaphil liquid is ok (it is what I use but I'm in NZ so the choice isn't that wide), aquanil looks better and it's about the same price, basis comfortably clean cleanser is a sensitive skin cleanser which is cheap and highly rated on makeupalley.com. Anyway, that is a few cleanser suggestions for you.

I'm not oily skinned so I don't have much to suggest on the moisturiser front. Plenty of people here use Eucerin renewal which contains lactic acid and offers some exfoliating action which helps with fading red marks.

Here are my two favs - and I've done a lot of experimentation:

face cleanser: BASIS cleaner clean face wash

Moisturizer: Eucerine Q-10 anti-wrinkle formula w/ SPF 15