Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GrimZ

Facial Steaming?

Hey everyone,

Is facial steaming good or bad? what does it do for you, and how long should you stay in the steam for? Like just boil water, put a towel over your head, and chill? Also is that something you'd do like once a week or more?

Thanks

well I've been doing the oil cleansing method, which involves steaming my face and I love it. I just use castor oil and rub it into my face gently for a few minutes and then (with a clean face cloth) steam face with fairly hot water, rinsing out the cloth and steaming again several times and then washing oil off (which is kind of a pain)... i do this morning and night. My face has definitely seen an improvement since doing this, I'm not sure if it's from the steaming or the use of the castor oil... It's so much softer and rather than looking red and irritated like it used to, it has a nice healthy, pink glow.. I was using castor oil and evoo but the evoo made me break out.... I've also heard of people steaming the way you said but I've never tried it..

YES DO IT!

ive heard soo many good things about steaming your face...it opens your pores and cleans them out.

i usually put the shower on really hot and close the bathroom door along with putting towels at the bottom to block the draft. its like creating a mini sauna :)

i went on vacation and we had a sauna in our hotel room and it helped tremendously!

Gah, I hate the face-over-the-pot method. It feels like I'm suffocating...

Definitely helps the absorption of topicals though.

Alright cool, thanks everyone. I was clear for so long, then all of a sudden I get 1 zit on my chin and next thing you know i'm dealing with a massive breakout, then I get one zit between my eyes and like two on the opposite sides of my head. I was like what the HELL so now I'm trying some different stuff (i've just about tried it all by now). I've realized that honey with cinnamon can clear zits and from what i've seen red marks very very well. Not like a 10 minute mask though, I usually glob it over the areas im treating and cover it with a bandaid and go to sleep. When I wake up the bandaid is usually not still on but it still works very good at stopping pimples from forming and getting rid of them quick, just a tip for you guys.

Thanks again

Yeah steaming your face is great for your skin, as it clears all the rubbish from your pores.

Try putting some 100% tea tree oil into the water.