Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalSkinCare

I'm at my WIT'S END!! I cannot find any moisturizer that doesnt give me trouble

I'm at my wit's end looking for a moisturizer that doesnt give me breakouts/blackheads

i have very mild acne/blemishes nothing too severe...i find that if i dont moisturize at all i have less breakouts , but then this causes my skin to become very dry and uncomfortable/flakey/tight

so i must moisturize but ive tried everything and nothing seems to give me breakoutfree skin..

ive also found that products that claim to be non comodogenic stil clog my pores

yes ive used bha yes ive used aha N-O-T-H-I-N-G works!! :(

can anyone whose been thru something similar recomend a good moisturizer for me?

thanks

What moisturizers have you tried? And what BHA/AHA products did you try and for how long?

Moisturizers I've tried and work well: Cetaphil Cream, Complex 15, Dan's Moisturizer. I've also heard good things about Cerave and Olay Complete although I haven't tried them myself.

Go for oil. I recommend 100% Jojoba Oil. You can squirt a bit into your hand in the shower and gently apply it, and in a few minutes, wipe it off gently and over a few days you should have more tolerant skin.

What moisturizers have you tried? And what BHA/AHA products did you try and for how long?

Moisturizers I've tried and work well: Cetaphil Cream, Complex 15, Dan's Moisturizer. I've also heard good things about Cerave and Olay Complete although I haven't tried them myself.

ive tried literally everything. name a moisturizer and ive probably tried it.

as for what bha/aha products ive used... ive used salicylic acid (this gives me little bumps and they never go away) ive used glycolic and this gives me cysts which I NEVER usually get.

ive tried cetaphil, gave me weird tacky skin and broke me out

ive tried complex 15 ditto

dans moisturizer ive not tried but i see that it has jojoba oil and ive had problems with that as well

In addition to sodium-PCA mentioned above.. you should also consider pure Hyaluronic acid, which is another natural moisturizer. Add pure Squalane to that list as well. They're a little pricey but they're worth a try if no other moisturizer is working for you.

ive tried literally everything. name a moisturizer and ive probably tried it.

I bet you've never tried Na-PCA.

"What's that?" look it up, it could be the answer to your problems...

Hmm...perhaps you should try an internal approach. Green tea seems to make a lot of people's skin oily, perhaps it would help your skin produce enough oil to feel normal instead of tight?

Did you try the one with Aloe? The one with Niacin? Or just the plain one? (Na-PCA from TwinLab)

i tried the one with aloe...

hated it then returned it and got the plain one

hated that one and returned it too :(

im so close to just saying f**k this all and not using anything ...

is moisturizer/cleanser REALLY necessary for our skin?

i have friends who have perfect skin and they dont use a single thing. just water

Moisturiser is probably necessary if your skin is dry and flaky. Unless you can find a more holistic way to make your skin less dry.

I'm at my wit's end looking for a moisturizer that doesnt give me breakouts/blackheads

i have very mild acne/blemishes nothing too severe...i find that if i dont moisturize at all i have less breakouts , but then this causes my skin to become very dry and uncomfortable/flakey/tight

so i must moisturize but ive tried everything and nothing seems to give me breakoutfree skin..

ive also found that products that claim to be non comodogenic stil clog my pores

yes ive used bha yes ive used aha N-O-T-H-I-N-G works!! :(

can anyone whose been thru something similar recomend a good moisturizer for me?

thanks

Cellfood Oxygen Gel is an awesome moisturizer that is a gel. Even when I had break-outs it didn't break me out.

Cellfood Oxygen Gel is an awesome moisturizer that is a gel. Even when I had break-outs it didn't break me out.

^ That shit burned a hole in my skin, I have a massive scar from it, I do not recommend it.

To the OP: I havr tried absolutely everything as well. I super sensitive skin, everything breaks me out, everything. The Na-PCA made me tight and itchy the same as you, blah blah blah, I can mirror all your experiences :lol: It's sooooo frustrating.

Every oil I have tried either broke me out, gave me milia, or gave me dermatitis.

The ONLY thing I have ever used that I am positive does not bug my skin is Emu oil - specifically thunder ridge brand. While my face is still well hydrated (superficially anyway) from washing I apply 2-3 drops and massage in well.

Good luck- I know it's rough.

Are you willing to spend a little more on your moisturizer? I've been using a moisturizer from Rhonda Allison (have to order it online, unfortunetely :( ) and if feels better on the skin than most other moisturizers do. Only thing is, if you want sunscreen the moisturizers don't have any in them. They do offer sunscreens though. I haven't tried them though.

^ That shit burned a hole in my skin, I have a massive scar from it, I do not recommend it.

To the OP: I havr tried absolutely everything as well. I super sensitive skin, everything breaks me out, everything. The Na-PCA made me tight and itchy the same as you, blah blah blah, I can mirror all your experiences :lol: It's sooooo frustrating.

Every oil I have tried either broke me out, gave me milia, or gave me dermatitis.

The ONLY thing I have ever used that I am positive does not bug my skin is Emu oil - specifically thunder ridge brand. While my face is still well hydrated (superficially anyway) from washing I apply 2-3 drops and massage in well.

1) Go to your Dermatologist.

2) Ask for Mimyx.

The stuff is genius, and the only lotion I would ever put on my face. It's meant for people with eczema, but it works amazingly for general moisturizing and aiding the healing of acne scars. NEVER aggravated my acne, ALWAYS keep my skin moisturized even through the worst of my Accutane cycle.

http://www.mimyx.com/

You can thank me later.

It makes sense that Emu Oil would be less pore clogging/acne causing the Jojoba since at zerozits jojoba is ranked as a 2. I can't find a ranking for emu tho...

Where do you guys find emu oil?

1) Go to your Dermatologist.

2) Ask for Mimyx.

The stuff is genius, and the only lotion I would ever put on my face. It's meant for people with eczema, but it works amazingly for general moisturizing and aiding the healing of acne scars. NEVER aggravated my acne, ALWAYS keep my skin moisturized even through the worst of my Accutane cycle.

http://www.mimyx.com/

You can thank me later.

i have the same exact problems with moisturizers as you do. have you tried vanicream lite lotion? it has to be ordered by a pharmacist and you pick it up the next day. this didnt irritate my skin at all but made me a tad bit greasy.