Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chadwick626

NEED ADVICE: raw skin from acne, will the tanner help or hurt?

ive got a raw area on my face that, despite my knowing better, i irritated, and now i absolutely need it to look as good as possible by saturday night.

whitehead.. tried to pop it and now its a small red scraped area..

ive been drinking a ton of water, taking vitamin c, i went to the tanner last night and im thinking ill go tonight, tomorrow and sat morning. earlier today i had neosporin on the area but im thinking the tanner and neosporin are the exact opposite treatments.. drying it out vs hydrating it.

WHAT DO I DO TO HEAL THE AREA AS FAST AS POSSIBLE?

suppose to meet up with this girl that i need to impress and that isnt going to happen with no confidence..

Neosporin is your best bet if it is irritated and dry, it will keep the area relatively free of bacteria and hydrated enough to allow it to heal itself. Be patient.

Neosporin is your best bet if it is irritated and dry, it will keep the area relatively free of bacteria and hydrated enough to allow it to heal itself. Be patient.

ok so no tanner? ill apply neosporin right now

It's what I would do...I mean, the tanner will maybe make it less noticeable but it will heal slower. If you're planning on staying in tonight, I say glob a good layer of Neo on it (not too much) and don't touch it.

P.S. How did you manage to "skin" that area???

P.P.S. If she asks, say you were playing rugby or something. =)

Plus maybe a cold compress to reduce redness? Wrap it in a cloth or paper towel first though.

It's what I would do...I mean, the tanner will maybe make it less noticeable but it will heal slower. If you're planning on staying in tonight, I say glob a good layer of Neo on it (not too much) and don't touch it.

P.S. How did you manage to "skin" that area???

P.P.S. If she asks, say you were playing rugby or something. =)

Plus maybe a cold compress to reduce redness? Wrap it in a cloth or paper towel first though.

Ahh, I'm sorry. =\

That kinda happened to me, but no skinning. I saw this blackhead on my forehead that was pretty much ready to come out and I tried to rid myself of it, just ended up making the area around it fill with blood, I don't remember if I got it out in the end but I infected that area and a few days later I got this big one right next to the scene of the crime -_-

Well, if the rest of your face is clear then it will make your rugby story all the more believable.

Focus on healing it, you don't want problems later because you went all out for one night, especially if you're clear. If it's not gone by Saturday, don't worry about it, pretend like you get scraped up all the time... and shrug it off, she'll probably ignore it after that. Never admit what you did though... :ninja:

Ahh, I'm sorry. =\

That kinda happened to me, but no skinning. I saw this blackhead on my forehead that was pretty much ready to come out and I tried to rid myself of it, just ended up making the area around it fill with blood, I don't remember if I got it out in the end but I infected that area and a few days later I got this big one right next to the scene of the crime -_-

Well, if the rest of your face is clear then it will make your rugby story all the more believable.

Focus on healing it, you don't want problems later because you went all out for one night, especially if you're clear. If it's not gone by Saturday, don't worry about it, pretend like you get scraped up all the time... and shrug it off, she'll probably ignore it after that. Never admit what you did though... :ninja: