Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raquelle

Accutane + Proactiv ?

The acne on my face isn't terrible, I just have red marks everywhere from when I went on tetracyclin and it made me break out like crazy!! But they've been fading slowly which is good. Anyway It's my 7th day on accutane because I really want to clear up the acne on my back and chest which is really bad.

do any of you know if i should keep using proactive on my face while I'm on accutane? I haven't been using it yet, just been using clearsil gentle skin cleanser but maybe if I use proactive I can prevent my IB.

You want an IB otherwise Accutane isn't clearing out all the bacteria deep down in your pores. I wouldn't suggest using Proactive with Accutane because they you won't really know if the dosage you are on is working properly... It may help kill a pimple quicker but you may be doing more harm than good in the end. Just try to stick to a mild cleanser in the morning and moisturiser. If you do have a zit you really want to get rid of , just spot treat. But I really don't recommend lathering BP into your pores while on Accutane, not only can it mislead you to your course it can also do more damage to your skin while its in such a fragile state.

Accutane and Proactiv is like having a tumor and asking whether to go through surgery or get Quakers to pray for you.

alrighty then i'm glad i didn't try it and learn the hard way! i'll stick to clearasil gentle cleansing wash and clearasil mositurizer for now.

Thanks guys!

Hey! I do still straighten and blow dry my hair, but not as often as I used to. My hair doesn't get oily anymore, so I can usually last 3 days without washing it. That sounds gross, but my hair doesn't look oily or anything. I still shower everyday, but I don't wash my hair every time. I mostly air dry my hair and just blow dry it a little at the end. I have not experienced any hair loss, but my hair does feel very dry after I wash it. I have also learned how to make my hair look good without styling it. I'm starting to like my wavy hair! Good luck with everything!

Accutane and Proactiv is like having a tumor and asking whether to go through surgery or get Quakers to pray for you.

that is awesome :)