Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smile again

brand new sugar level question

my diet for that last three months in relitively no sugar included..meaning no sweets, soda, etc and very little carbs thatll turn t sugar, besides alotta brown rice.

question 1:does brown rice convert to sugar like regualr carbs

question 2: since i do have such a lot sugar diet, what would be a safe amount of sugar to eat without fearing a spike in insulain resulting in more acne? should i fear having a few alcoholic drinks?

Yes rice does turn to sugar, but more slowly than white rice would. But the key is just to keep the blolod sugar levels even, and prevent a blood sugar crash. If you snack a lot throughout the day it'll help. So brown rice is better for than than rice white.

thanks lili! i do tend to snack alot through out the day and its mostly on brownrice things, so perhaps i am safe?

thanks ill take that to mind..i do have some cashews, are they good? i guess i really should switch up the brown rice habit! lol

i did get an allergy test back and nuts, besides peanuts, were all ok....but im a little timid to try new stuff even though it said its ok, cuz im going through a rufff breakout now, and ive taken nothing in thats bad! crazy puzzle that acne is!

thanks ill take that to mind..i do have some cashews, are they good? i guess i really should switch up the brown rice habit! lol

i did get an allergy test back and nuts, besides peanuts, were all ok....but im a little timid to try new stuff even though it said its ok, cuz im going through a rufff breakout now, and ive taken nothing in thats bad! crazy puzzle that acne is!

lili you seem quit versed in a good diet, may i ask a question?

i received a allergy test and said i was allergic to eggs and all dairy severly, that was almost 3 weeks ago i got that info, and i had just eaten alot of that stuff the day before. of course i had a major breakout attack that seemed to finally go down after a week..so i cut all that stuff out, added some zinc and was ready to get clear, but then was hit with another horrible attack thats still lasting, very oily too. could this be the dairy eggs still, or maybe the zinc, or what? im at such a loss with this. like i said my diet has been low to no sugar, brown rice mostly for carbs, lots of veggies and water. yer advice would be greatly appreciated.

lili you seem quit versed in a good diet, may i ask a question?

i received a allergy test and said i was allergic to eggs and all dairy severly, that was almost 3 weeks ago i got that info, and i had just eaten alot of that stuff the day before. of course i had a major breakout attack that seemed to finally go down after a week..so i cut all that stuff out, added some zinc and was ready to get clear, but then was hit with another horrible attack thats still lasting, very oily too. could this be the dairy eggs still, or maybe the zinc, or what? im at such a loss with this. like i said my diet has been low to no sugar, brown rice mostly for carbs, lots of veggies and water. yer advice would be greatly appreciated.

Contrary to popular belief, brown rice converts to sugar almost as quickly as white rice does. It shouldn't be considered a low-GI food.

about the alcohol, stick to hard liquors or wines if you can. vodka is one of the purest liquors, if you have it vodka is a good choice.

about sugar levels, I would just be concious of sugar levels in foods and eat low sugar foods... counting sugar/obsessing isnt really needed.

Contrary to popular belief, brown rice converts to sugar almost as quickly as white rice does. It shouldn't be considered a low-GI food.

source please?

I think most of the information out there on GI is based on an Australian study that's probably more than 30 years old. Not to say it isn't accurate.

Also, it's all somewhat relative. According to the GI, a Snickers bar is low glycemic load. Good to make choices that are lower GI, but you have to keep it in perspective and look at the entire nutritional value of the food.