Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minty Peas

Regimen BP Gel Clumps with My New Moisturizer

I've been using Dan Kern's regimen for years and I've been almost acne free because of it. I still get a small breakout around menstrual time, but I can deal with that since I'm clear the rest of the time thanks to the regimen. It saved me from acne.

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to post was to ask a question. I recently bought a new product from The Body Shop called "Facial Day Treatment SPF 15 with kinetin." When I put it on over the dry BP gel, it badly caked up. It turned into big white chunks that I couldn't rub into my skin. It's weird because I've never had any problem with any other moisturizer, SPF or otherwise.

The ingredients are: Water, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbitan Oleate, etc. etc. Silica, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates, Kinetin.

Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening with this particular cream? And is there anything I can do to stop the caking?

Thank you!

What i have experienced with a spf lotion is that most of them clump when using bp. Just look for a good spf lotion that works with the bp.