Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really no form of acne treatment has been working for me and I really dont want to go on accutane.... thats why I am here...

Why should i try natural?

What makes it better than topical and pills?

any insight?

if you go natural you will get not only benefits for your skin, but for overall health and well being... if you go topicals it will do temporary good for your skin. but it will wear off and lose its effects and you will do nothing but long term harm to your skin...

but I think is good to use topicals but don't rely on them 100%..

because acne comes from the inside out. its a sign of an internal (hormonal) imbalance and overloaded liver and digestive organs. if you want to be healthy you have to address those points.

Going natural helps you create a more stable inside, plus you can never go wrong with nature imo...all the prescription medicine my derma gave me, dried up my skin....oowh the horror stories!!

But with natural you cant go wrong...unless you start rubbing poison ivy on your acne, but who does that(walks out of thread nervously).

because its where acne comes from... the inside of your body. i think that the fastest way to clear up would be follow a healthy diet AND apply topicals. I use a prescriptions BP that I love together with a good diet. I have been eating low GI carbs, and eating generally healthy opposed to avoiding and targetting certain foods (I used to do this a month or two ago), taking Apple Cider Vinegar before meals, eating dannon activia yogurt (for the probiotics... promotes good digestion, and bad digestion makes getting acne easier), taking supplements (omega 3, antioxidants, b complex, DIM)... and I am clearing up so fast. also making sure to eat a varied diet. Like dont eat a bunch of the same thing in one day (for example, I used to eat 3-4 apples a day, now I eat 1 a day, only on some days).

What everyone else said. It will not only clear your acne, it will improve your health, make you more resistant to illness, slow aging, help you keep your hair, etc.

True, true. It will also make you adopt healthy habits that will let you live longer. Apparently, these days in developed countries people are largely dying of things they could have prevented with a different lifestyle - heart disease, cancer, etc. Admittedly there is a genetic component to these as well, but it takes the environment to trigger them.

Because going natural is not only an excellent treatment for acne but also the foundation for a long, healthy life.

appreciate the responses, im generally a very healthy person to begin with... i never eat fast food. i dont eat fried foods... stuff like that... it appears that there is alot more to do with it than jsut that. looks like i have much to learn.