Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

People just dont friggen read ingredients anymore!!!

So whenever I go away to visit my family and boyfriend in a different city I get a little stressed because I cant eat so many things and when I go there people make me dinner and we go out for dinner and it's just a struggle to eat right.

Anyway, I went over to my grandmas for lunch with my dad and she had made soup and crackers for me..... she told me there was no milk or dairy in the soup, and I thought yeah but there will be wheat flour.... (it was campbells soup)... I thought whatever I can handle a little wheat I guess.... I ate it and was so grouchy the entire time.

Then a little while after I started getting stomach pains... BAD ones.. stabbing ones... I was confused cause I had my stomach problems under control by cutting out wheat and dairy and I thought the wheat shouldnt have affected me THAT much. I decided to go check the ingredients of the soup on the internet... ugh the soup has CHEESE and CREAM in it... LOL I was like NO wonder my stomach hurts (I'm pretty sensitive to dairy). I was upset with my grandma at first for not taking me seirously.... like if she is cooking for me she knows she has to look at the ingredients... But I realized it is totally my fault and that I have to take responsibility for making sure whatever I am eating is okay. BUt I just didnt want to insult her by digging the can ou t of the garbage to look at the ingredients...

It just bugs me that NOBODY reads ingredients.... and even if they did most people wouldnt know what like 60% of the ingredients are because regular food you get from the grocery store usually just has a bunch of CRAP in it.. stuff you cant even pronounce. Anyway I am a big label reader... obviously haha I have to be... and people get annoyed with me because before I eat something they have offered me I will read the ingredients.... oh man it makes me MAD!!

They just dont get it... sometimes I just feel like yelling at them "you go right ahead and fill your body with crap!! Go ahead! You will probably end up dying of a heart attack... and it will be ALL YOUr FAULT!!" I hate when people tell me "live for the moment, eat what you want, we are all going to die anyway..." Do you say that to someone who smokes??? Do you encourage people to breath in toxins on a daily basis cause you only live once?? They dont realize that most food that they eat is CRAP.... they just dont... I hate it.. I really really hate it. Why is it that we ignore the dangers of what willl probably affect our health the MOST... FOOD.... we ignore the fact that it actually goes into our body and fules it... and we ignore the fact that the food we put in our bodies is going to affect us.... good or bad....

Anyway... that was my rant haha thanks for reading...........

So whenever I go away to visit my family and boyfriend in a different city I get a little stressed because I cant eat so many things and when I go there people make me dinner and we go out for dinner and it's just a struggle to eat right.

Anyway, I went over to my grandmas for lunch with my dad and she had made soup and crackers for me..... she told me there was no milk or dairy in the soup, and I thought yeah but there will be wheat flour.... (it was campbells soup)... I thought whatever I can handle a little wheat I guess.... I ate it and was so grouchy the entire time.

Then a little while after I started getting stomach pains... BAD ones.. stabbing ones... I was confused cause I had my stomach problems under control by cutting out wheat and dairy and I thought the wheat shouldnt have affected me THAT much. I decided to go check the ingredients of the soup on the internet... ugh the soup has CHEESE and CREAM in it... LOL I was like NO wonder my stomach hurts (I'm pretty sensitive to dairy). I was upset with my grandma at first for not taking me seirously.... like if she is cooking for me she knows she has to look at the ingredients... But I realized it is totally my fault and that I have to take responsibility for making sure whatever I am eating is okay. BUt I just didnt want to insult her by digging the can ou t of the garbage to look at the ingredients...

It just bugs me that NOBODY reads ingredients.... and even if they did most people wouldnt know what like 60% of the ingredients are because regular food you get from the grocery store usually just has a bunch of CRAP in it.. stuff you cant even pronounce. Anyway I am a big label reader... obviously haha I have to be... and people get annoyed with me because before I eat something they have offered me I will read the ingredients.... oh man it makes me MAD!!

They just dont get it... sometimes I just feel like yelling at them "you go right ahead and fill your body with crap!! Go ahead! You will probably end up dying of a heart attack... and it will be ALL YOUr FAULT!!" I hate when people tell me "live for the moment, eat what you want, we are all going to die anyway..." Do you say that to someone who smokes??? Do you encourage people to breath in toxins on a daily basis cause you only live once?? They dont realize that most food that they eat is CRAP.... they just dont... I hate it.. I really really hate it. Why is it that we ignore the dangers of what willl probably affect our health the MOST... FOOD.... we ignore the fact that it actually goes into our body and fules it... and we ignore the fact that the food we put in our bodies is going to affect us.... good or bad....

Smoking and breathing in toxins isn't the same as eating, to the majority of people anyway. Eating appeals to us as we can experiment with different tastes and textures and as a result it can alter our mood. Along with a good exercise routine, it's fine to eat whatever one likes, in moderation of course. That's what a balanced diet is, a little from each food group (vegetable, meat, fatty, dairy etc).

Smoking and breathing in toxins isn't the same as eating, to the majority of people anyway. Eating appeals to us as we can experiment with different tastes and textures and as a result it can alter our mood. Along with a good exercise routine, it's fine to eat whatever one likes, in moderation of course. That's what a balanced diet is, a little from each food group (vegetable, meat, fatty, dairy etc).

I can totally relate to that! My daughter had an allergy to dairy for a while because of a medication she had to take that messed up her digestion. Anytime she'd eat dairy she'd get horrible gas and stomach pains and sometimes it would make her throw up.

So she was in daycare when we realized it was dairy so we told the people at the daycare she had a dairy allergy and asked if they needed me to bring her lunch instead of them serving her lunch, and they said it wouldn't be a problem they just wouldn't give her dairy.

So then her problem continued, and they said, "WE didn't give her milk, just macaroni and cheese.

Ok...is it rare for people to realize that cheese is dairy? Really? So I went into their kitchen and read all the ingredients on everything they said they thought was safe and pointed out where the dairy was in all of it, buttered popcorn, dried milk solids, non-fat milk powder in the bread, etc. They were surprised at how milk is in everything. So I just started making her lunches myself, and her symptoms went away within a few days.

:rolleyes: tdot, come on! I read labels too but I am not gonna avoid altogether eating the foods I love. Thats living a sheltered life. You are still young. Life your life

:rolleyes: tdot, come on! I read labels too but I am not gonna avoid altogether eating the foods I love. Thats living a sheltered life. You are still young. Life your life

So so wrong.

http://www.drgrisanti.com/food_toxins.htm

Her condition has been verified by a doctor, her's is not a condition of hyperparanoia. "Living life" as you put it would mean excruciating abdominal pain for her. I don't call that living, and I wouldn't think some soup would be worth it, lol

Yeah...most people are totally ignorant about what they are eating. They don't really care about ingredients or anything like that as long as it tastes good.

Like look at the ingredients in a Big Mac: http://healthoid.com/2008/03/28/ingredient...onalds-big-mac/

It's totally ridiculous, yet people eat that stuff all the time, a lot of people eat it every single day.

Be happy that you are aware of the problems with modern food...it means you're smarter than all of them :D .

Her condition has been verified by a doctor, her's is not a condition of hyperparanoia. "Living life" as you put it would mean excruciating abdominal pain for her. I don't call that living, and I wouldn't think some soup would be worth it, lol

She's doing great now, and she can even eat some dairy now occasionally without a problem as long as it's not several days in a row. I really think her medication screwed up her digestion and eventually it healed and so she's ok now. But at the time she was still breast feeding, I had to stop breast feeding her because of it. She couldn't even handle breast milk! Anyways, yeah I was stunned when they didn't realize macaroni and cheese was made with dairy! lol

We get used to reading labels and forget that most people just don't, and sometimes we get reminded of that fact in nasty ways!

So so wrong.

http://www.drgrisanti.com/food_toxins.htm

I hear ya, tdot.

It has been my experience that people are not only ignorant but also disrespectful when it comes to food allergies/sensitivities. Here's a daily conversation:

Me: "I can't eat bread or gluten."

Person: "Really? Okay, here, have a slice of bread and some cheese."

Aaaaaah! I don't understand people. If someone told me they can't run a marathon because they have knee problems, I'm not going to sign them up for the NY marathon!

We've become completely food illiterate. What happened to throwing a carrot, a zucchini, and a potato into boiling water with some sea salt? It doesn't take a genius to prepare a simple soup! We spend hours trying to figure out how our new iPhone works, but we can't figure out how to make soup? We really need to relearn the basics.

Today i went crazy... ate soup , then cereal , and pizza... :D in a row

they all have wheat.

I didn't notice any break out i feel great... I needed the energy!!

now i am all good. ^^

I only do this once a week.. sometime. lol :D i need weight ;/

see , It is alright to eat junks sometime...

I ate a whole cadbury bar in one sitting and I did that yesterday too. I know its like 600 calories for a whole bar, but my arm is in so much pain that I dont care about calories. Its wonderful medicine! For lunch Im about to eat fishsticks and some veggies.

I ate a whole cadbury bar in one sitting and I did that yesterday too. I know its like 600 calories for a whole bar, but my arm is in so much pain that I dont care about calories. Its wonderful medicine! For lunch Im about to eat fishsticks and some veggies.