Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leepinglizards

Does retin-a micro help with red marks, hyperpigmentation, and mild scarring??

I use Differin, same thing basically.

Red marks - some help, but really nothing significant

Mild scarring - greatly improved all of my scars. At least 75% improvement for me. I had probably moderate scarring. Now it's mild. Will take at least 3-6 months to see a difference.

Hyperpigmentation - yes, should help. But will take about a year, according to the study I read.

if you add hydroquinone 4% to the regimen, it helps immensely. Even mix some hydroquinone and retin a on your finger and then apply to your face. That's what Obagi Regimen calls for. It works fast too!

In a way, retin-a micro does help red marks. However, its a very slow process. I've had red marks since November 2007. Only now it's starting to fade, and it's April 2008. That's six months, half a year. I've been putting retin-a micro on my spots since January, so it's been four months. Retin-a micro promotes skin turnover, which means that skin will continue to shed until an entire layer is new. In essence, with use of this medicine, the dark pigmented layer would eventually slough off. But from what my dermatologist has told me, red marks will fade away in time, don't try to do abrasive things on your face. Just live your life, and the red marks will soon fade. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. In time it will fade, retin-a micro will help.

if you add hydroquinone 4% to the regimen, it helps immensely. Even mix some hydroquinone and retin a on your finger and then apply to your face. That's what Obagi Regimen calls for. It works fast too!

My derm just prescribed hydroquinone to me for some melasma I developed while I was pregnant. I googled it and found that it's supposedly banned in some countries because it's a known carcinogen and is also linked to oncronosis. EEK! Does anyone know how legit that is?

My derm just prescribed hydroquinone to me for some melasma I developed while I was pregnant. I googled it and found that it's supposedly banned in some countries because it's a known carcinogen and is also linked to oncronosis. EEK! Does anyone know how legit that is?

Got that right! Use something with Kojic Acid, does the same thing (inhibits tyrosine, the catalase responsible in the production of melanin).