Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocket-rob

products whihc help with redmarks/scars in the uk

Hi guys and girls. Ive been suffering from mild to moderate acne which is dying down. However i am noticing red marks and slight scars on the right side of my face. I was wondering what products u can buy in the uk which can help with this. I cant afford laserssurgery chemical peels at the mo and am looking for the cheapest treatment poss. Any help would be amazing thanks guys:)

Hi guys and girls. Ive been suffering from mild to moderate acne which is dying down. However i am noticing red marks and slight scars on the right side of my face. I was wondering what products u can buy in the uk which can help with this. I cant afford laserssurgery chemical peels at the mo and am looking for the cheapest treatment poss. Any help would be amazing thanks guys:)

Hey man ... well a lot of people suggest using glycolic acid to reduce redmarks. I had/have the problem of red marks after acne dying down also. I got glycolic acid from a london firm: -

http://www.bravuralondon.co.uk/

You can also get a glycolic face wash etc from

www.mankind.co.uk - very expensive gear here!

Although i must admit it wasnt my favourite product. I think its one of these treatments that tries to bring the spots to the surface before getting rid of them. Thus, after using this a few times i noticed quite a lot of small red pimple. Quickly i stopped and went back to my trusty BP which solved the trick.

The good thing with acids is that they are exfoiliating whereas BP isnt really. What i have done is got myself a salicylic acid face wash (0.5% - very mild) and use BP for spot treatment. I think it has helped with the redmarks.

Hope this helps dude

Hello!

I recently created a topic on this, because my acne is dying down and I now have quite a lot of red marks to deal with. I approach the treatment of my skin holistically, and for the past four-five days I've been simply adding salt to a sink of water for washing my face: this tightens the pores, reduces excess oil and hence helps prevent the outbreak of spots. Right now, I only have two active spots and the remainders of previous ones are dramatically abating.

For scarring, I have been creating a solution of purified water and apple cider vinegar (3:1) with added lemon juice. Vit C and acidic properties are great when dabbed onto the red areas. I have seen a decrease in their prominence already. If you are looking for an easy way of helping yourself, before looking into peels etc, I would definitely recommend this!!

If you use, it let me know how you get on.

x

Thanks alot to both of you I will heed of your advice:). Nice to know im not the only person from yorkshire on ere too:)