Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rdman

4 years ongoing fight

I started to develop acne after high-school. It was mild and it varied by time. When I started college It got a lot worse. I found out that chocolate and fry food specially the one from chain stores broke me out. So to make the story short I've been 4 years without chocolate or McDonalds, Wendys, KFC... etc. (yes it's better to be off those foods). I've decided to finally visit my Dermatologist, and have an appointment for April 25th. Also I've started a no dairy, no fry food diet. I'm only eating fresh fish and fresh chicken, along with lots of vegetables. It seems to be helping as I only have the cysts that are leftover, no new developing ones. I've also started to drink lots of water, however my metabolism which is extremely accelerated is not helping. I literally go to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

I want to try accutane so I can live a normal life and eat anything I please (I miss my chocolate, and yes chocolate in my case does cause acne!). I think my acne is also associated with stress. When I'm on winter/summer break from college my face goes to a dormant estate, when I only get acne from eating greasy food. however when college comes around it becomes much less tolerant.

I've also been on tetracyclin for about 1 month, which helped, but once off it acne came back.

What should I tell my dermatologist, as to convince him to put me on Accutane. I don't want a temporary remedy, I would like to be cured.

Thanks for your input if I do receive any.

I started to develop acne after high-school. It was mild and it varied by time. When I started college It got a lot worse. I found out that chocolate and fry food specially the one from chain stores broke me out. So to make the story short I've been 4 years without chocolate or McDonalds, Wendys, KFC... etc. (yes it's better to be off those foods). I've decided to finally visit my Dermatologist, and have an appointment for April 25th. Also I've started a no dairy, no fry food diet. I'm only eating fresh fish and fresh chicken, along with lots of vegetables. It seems to be helping as I only have the cysts that are leftover, no new developing ones. I've also started to drink lots of water, however my metabolism which is extremely accelerated is not helping. I literally go to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

I want to try accutane so I can live a normal life and eat anything I please (I miss my chocolate, and yes chocolate in my case does cause acne!). I think my acne is also associated with stress. When I'm on winter/summer break from college my face goes to a dormant estate, when I only get acne from eating greasy food. however when college comes around it becomes much less tolerant.

I've also been on tetracyclin for about 1 month, which helped, but once off it acne came back.

What should I tell my dermatologist, as to convince him to put me on Accutane. I don't want a temporary remedy, I would like to be cured.

Thanks for your input if I do receive any.

Just let them know that you are tired of using meds that work for a bit and then quit working after your skin gets use to it. Just let them know how bad you feel about your skin and are interested in Accutane. Remember they are Dr's so they will know what is best for you. You just have to be honest and let them know in detail what you have done in the past to help your acne and that nothing has worked. I am seeing a derm now and they wanted to put me on Accutane but I called back and told them I was going to wait until my next appt. which is on the 15th of this month to make a for sure decision. One day I feel okay and the next I get upset that I have to keep dealing with this stupid teenage skin crap. Today is a day that I think I may get on Accutane. Whatever happens I wish you the best.

I've stopped eating dairy and "greasy" foods. All I eat is fish and chicken, not fried but baked.

My face is much better now, I only have 1 Cyst on my cheek and one close to my ear. My face feels much drier too. I use Sulfur Mask every night, and wash twice a day, and apply repairing lotion (2.5% bp) before I go to sleep. I had to slow down on the water intake, as I was going to the bathroom far too much.

I still want to ask the derm if I should go on Accutane, so that I will be able to eat anything I please.

I've stopped eating dairy and "greasy" foods. All I eat is fish and chicken, not fried but baked.

My face is much better now, I only have 1 Cyst on my cheek and one close to my ear. My face feels much drier too. I use Sulfur Mask every night, and wash twice a day, and apply repairing lotion (2.5% bp) before I go to sleep. I had to slow down on the water intake, as I was going to the bathroom far too much.

I still want to ask the derm if I should go on Accutane, so that I will be able to eat anything I please.

I personally think that a sulfur mask every night, washing 2xs a day and putting bp on too...is a little too much.