Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smile again

good ole brown rice

can eating too much brown rice in your diet trigger acne?

though my allergy test said brown rice wont affect me, i do tend to consume alot of it in various forms....anyone else? think it causes break outs?

Some people adds many things on the rice..

it depend what u add.^^ , allergic? ;/ if ur allergic could be something that ur adding in the rice.

But i am sure rice don't give break out..

i eat brown/white rice alot.

if carbs are problem for you then yes it can cause problems because it has LOTS of carbs like any other grain. So eating too much could technically break you up. just depends on how many carbs you can handle. if you wanna know for sure, cut it out and see if you improve. thats the only real way to know because everyone is different.

yeah so true...ill cut the brown out for a bit...or at least lower it quite alot....i mean ive been eating brown rice cakes, brown rice crackers, brown rice pasta...lol

on a side note..do u guys know a good desert type thing to have..like u know after u eat and u just want a little sweets or something...whats safe?

I've heard brown rice has a similar glycemic load to white rice (although it has more nutrients). Brown basmati rice apparently is the best type of rice to eat if you do eat rice.

Basmati rice is the most nutritive, I personnally eat every day Diamond Pearl Foods SONA IMPEX Indian long grain white basmati rice 'cause it's really good and i've lost 3kg in 2 months... That brand really wears it's name well! "Diamond Pearl Foods" haha! Once cooked it reaches 8-9 mm long! Incredible! So i guess you "dose" with sports and all that. But it's really nutritif! Viva Diamond Pearl Foods

I have small servings occasionally and dont notice a problem. Like on sushi or just a small serving with protein about the size of my fist.