Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laxxer

infuriating.

about 2 weeks ago I had 1 active pimple and about 4 others that were dried up. 2 weeks on, 6 weeks into the regimen I now have a bunch of active pimples and around 20 little spots and stuff. What the f*ck!?!? this was how it was before I started! its hormonal acne btw.

I would be frustrated too.

Which products are you using?

Are you using the full two pumps of bp? Any other products?

Sorry you're so frustrated. I agree with Brandy. Using the full dose of 2.5% BP is very important (either 2 full pumps of DKR BP or one fat line the length of your finger of Neutrogena on the Spot). Perhaps you're not using enough BP and need to up your dosage. It's also important to be anal about putting the medication on correctly. This is one of my weakest areas, and I still refer to Dan's video for help, since I tend to go too fast. Also be sure you're putting it all over your face, not just in trouble spots. The areas I forget or decide not to medicate are almost always the very places I'll get my next outbreak. For example, I was forgetting to medicate my nose, since I never get pimples here. Within a week, I had 3 on my nose, and was clear everywhere else. Also, when I do get a pimple, I apply extra BP directly on the pimples, after I've applied it all over my face.

If you have very oily skin, and your skin is oily right now, try skipping the moisturizer for a day or two and see if you notice an improvement. It may be just a matter of moisturizing less/BP'ing more to get your skin into a clearing mode. This has worked for me in the past, and it may or may not work for you. But don't go more than 4-5 days without moisturizer otherwise your skin may get too dry.

Hope this was helpful! :)

Debra

yeah im still using 2 full pumps...grrrr

Hang in there and give it 2-3 months. Many people get frustrated at the stage that you are, but find they are getting good clearing by month 3.

Make sure you are being super gentle.

Any makeup, or any other irritating factors we need to eliminate or reduce?

Which cleanser and moisturizer are you using?

Sounds like you've got all the right tools. It could be how you're using them. Perhaps reevaluate your regimen, watch the videos, etc. See if anything jumps out at you.

As you said, you have hormonal acne, so I'm not really sure how that compares with adult acne. Perhaps your hormones have been extra busy lately and the pimples you developed were unavoidable.

FYI, if you're a big coffee drinker, coffee can be irritating to the skin. I had to cut way back, and found this helped.

Patience is key, too. Imagine how much worse your complexion might be if you were doing nothing.

Hang in there. Hope things turn around for you. :)

Debra

Maybe you ate something out of the ordinary or maybe you started having a lot of sex or you were constipated recently? Hah I know that sounds weird but honestly, you have to stay consistent in your lifestyle until you get clear, then you can experiment with foods and others things to see what makes you break out.

Also def get to 2 months, and if it's not getting better then IDK, but I did break out like a couple weeks ago with like 8 pimples. I'm on week 9 right now I think.