Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jay6

Can't break bones?

Okay I know this might sound weird but I heard from someone I know that when you're on Accutane and break a bone they'll need to amputate it? what the...

They're probably pulling my leg here but I want to find out before I start tane.

Okay I know this might sound weird but I heard from someone I know that when you're on Accutane and break a bone they'll need to amputate it? what the...

They're probably pulling my leg here but I want to find out before I start tane.

lol, they won't amputate it.

They'll take you off accutane immediately, immobilize the broken bone...if possible they'll wait a few days to do any surgery/setting but if it's an emergency situation they'll go ahead and do the surgery. The break will probably take a longer time to heal, and there will most likely be a nasty scar where any incision/tear in the skin was, but no they will not take off the whole arm. :P

They'll take you off accutane immediately, immobilize the broken bone...if possible they'll wait a few days to do any surgery/setting but if it's an emergency situation they'll go ahead and do the surgery. The break will probably take a longer time to heal, and there will most likely be a nasty scar where any incision/tear in the skin was, but no they will not take off the whole arm. :P

The only reason they probably said this is because Tane greatly decreases wound healing. But there is a lot they can do without amputating.....haha wow

wow i got hit by a car while i was on this and the car was going 35 mph and no broken bones what so ever just a lot of deep bruising

You'd think if this were true they'd have a "no broken bones" picture next to the crossed-off pregnant lady on all the packaging! lol ;)