Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonP

Just bought all these supplements...when should I take them over the day?

Hi,

In an act of pseudo-desperation, I purchased a bunch of supplements online. I want to try them all, and attack acne from every avenue it resides.

I would just like to know when, during the day, I should take these supplements? I can eat a light breakfast, then a late lunch and a late dinner, making 3 meals for the day.

Here are the supplements:

DIM & Taurine (have taken for 3 weeks with results, but seem to have leveled out)

Fish Oil

Zinc

Milk Thistle

MSM

Vitamin D

Apple Cider Vinegar

B Complex

PGX

Super Probiotic

So, I'd like to take all of these while reaping the benefits of each individual supplement. For instance, I don't want to have PGX just flush out everything. I also don't know if my liver can handle all of these, which was my reason for buying the Milk Thistle. Please let me know what you'd do, and if I need more, just say so. Thanks!

personally i believe the only things questionable on that list is the fish oil and the super probiotic. Fish oil seems to have a 50/50 response with half of the community saying improvement and the other half saying it causes pimples. I tried it and found it caused pimples for myself. Everything else is safe as houses and if anything beneficial for your liver.

I've read several accounts of each of these helping. These were the top dogs as far as supplements go, and now I just need to know how to take them over the course of the day.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :dance:

PGX before any "bad" foods 2 hours before or after eating. ACV w/ water between meals with maybe milk thistle (is it tincture?)

Assuming it's 300 mg DHA+EPA Fish Oils per gram - 4 in morning 4 at night

Zinc - whenever

Milk Thistle - between meals?

MSM - whenever

Vitamin D - just get sunlight for 15 minutes

B Complex - probably early

PGX - 2 hours apart from the others or before a bad meal (usually consisting of a lot of sugar)

Super Probiotic - depending on the billions (or millions) of strains, perhaps after a meal.

PGX before any "bad" foods 2 hours before or after eating. ACV w/ water between meals with maybe milk thistle (is it tincture?)

those all certainly look helpful, I personally take fish oil, ACV (liquid... not pills), antioxidants, B complex 1 every 2 days, and DIM. it depends on how often you have to take the pills, and if you have to eat them with food. I take them all with food, so after breakfast I take fish oil, ACV, and DIM, and after dinner I take those 3 plus antioxidants and b complex. personally, if I were to drop some of the supplements, it would probably be the vitamin D and fiber (vitamin D from sun and there is a food with a good source of it, i forget since I get enough sunlight... and fiber from foods like whole grains, high fiber cereals, fruits/veggies)

The pills that recommend being taken twice daily I take after breakfast and after dinner. The pills that are once a day, I take after dinner.

If soluble fiber or vinegar are taken for the specific purpose of slowing carbohydrate absorption and improving insulin sensitivity, then 2 hours would be too long. Take soluble fibr and vinegar just prior to high-carb meals.

Wow, thanks guys.

Here's a little bit of additional info on my supplements:

My Fish Oil has 1000 mg of fish oil, 180 mg of epa and 120 mg of dha

My Probiotic is the "billion cells" one.

I have ACV Tablets, and it says to take with food..

The Milk Thistle doesn't say anything about food..

Should I also keep up with the DIM and Taurine? The DIM has worked the best with the Taurine, so I don't want to leave it. I think the anti-androgens (MSM and ACV?) will work the best because of my results with DIM, is this right?

Thanks

Wow, thanks guys.

Here's a little bit of additional info on my supplements:

My Fish Oil has 1000 mg of fish oil, 180 mg of epa and 120 mg of dha

My Probiotic is the "billion cells" one.

I have ACV Tablets, and it says to take with food..

The Milk Thistle doesn't say anything about food..

Should I also keep up with the DIM and Taurine? The DIM has worked the best with the Taurine, so I don't want to leave it. I think the anti-androgens (MSM and ACV?) will work the best because of my results with DIM, is this right?

Thanks

So these are completely unecessary?

I'm looking to buy some chromium and saw palmetto...Should I add this organic stuff, too?

Thanks!

Don't start using too many supplements at once. You'll never be sure what works and what not.

Besides I'd focus more on a healthy diet and then add in some supplements.

I used to be like you, thinking taking a lot of pills would cure me, but what they mostly did was empty my pocket.

Is PGX only necessary to take after a high carb meal? Should I make it a daily thing? I've read on people being sured by a probiotic and PGX, hence my reasoning for adding them to my regimen.

Also, how important is vitamin B?

Now, I realize that if i take all of these, i wont know which ones work and dont...so, what would you say I should do to take these in batches, trying out all of them and narrowing them down to the ones that work for me?

How long does it take to show an effect for these certain supplements?

Thanks

hey, i'm just wondering is that Super Probiotic product good or can someone recommend me a good probiotic product?

Is PGX only necessary to take after a high carb meal? Should I make it a daily thing? I've read on people being sured by a probiotic and PGX, hence my reasoning for adding them to my regimen.

Also, how important is vitamin B?

Now, I realize that if i take all of these, i wont know which ones work and dont...so, what would you say I should do to take these in batches, trying out all of them and narrowing them down to the ones that work for me?

How long does it take to show an effect for these certain supplements?

Thanks

ZINC -- Take with food. Do not take with vegetables, grains, calcium or magnesium because they reduce absorption of Zinc. Take zinc with protein. One of the best sources of zinc is pumpkin seeds. Go to your healthshop, buy some raw, unsalted pumpkin seeks. Soak them in water for a couple of hours, add some sea salt and eat. Eat 1/2 to 1 cup per day.

Vit D -- Make sure you get Vit D3. If you live anywhere north of Miami in the US, you will not get enough vitamin D for at least 4 months of the year. For example, if you live in NY, you can spent 3 hours in the sun on a nice February afternoon and get no Vitamin D out of it. Vit D3 is very important.

Vit B -- B complex is important for hair, nails and skin health. Make sure that your B complex has Niacinamide (the non-flushing Niacin). If flushing is a major problem for you, take a baby aspirin 30 minutes before taking Vit B complex to reduce flushing.

Probiotics -- The best probiotics that I have used are Bio-K and Natren, but any probiotic that is refrigerated is a go. Do not take probiotic with AVC. And, try to take it without food since it has to get passed the stomach acids to be useful. Only buy refrigerated probiotics.

Magnesium -- I would also add magnesium. Magnesium is a powerful anti-inflammatory and most people in the western world are incredibly deficient in Magnesium.

hey guys,

I just finished eating dinner, and probably have taken like 20 pills throughout the day...this just doesn't seem healthy...

Can I eliminate one or more of the supplements? Or perhabs run a course of different combos to see what works? Please advise with what you would do!

Thanks! :surprised:

Don't start using too many supplements at once. You'll never be sure what works and what not.

Besides I'd focus more on a healthy diet and then add in some supplements.

I used to be like you, thinking taking a lot of pills would cure me, but what they mostly did was empty my pocket.

Agree, too many supplements is bad. It can actually make your body acidic which allows bacteria and fungus to grow. That is why it is so important to narrowly tailor the supplements you take and to only take high quality stuff. In any case, I wouldn't dismiss supplements completely; even with a healthy diet of fresh vegies and fish (for example), we are lacking in many very basic and important minerals such as zinc and magnesium.

yeah they are right, too many supplements cant be good. What I would suggest, is getting bragg's organic ACV and taking it diluted in water 2 or 3 times a day, instead of taking the pills. Maybe trying getting probiotics through food, if possible. What I would do in your situation: drop the vitamin D, drog the PGX and eat foods high in fiber, drop the ACV pills and buy real organic ACV, see if you can get probiotics through food, and maybe drop the milk thistle. That would leave you with DIM/Taurine, fish oil, zinc, B complex, and MSM.

yeah they are right, too many supplements cant be good. What I would suggest, is getting bragg's organic ACV and taking it diluted in water 2 or 3 times a day, instead of taking the pills. Maybe trying getting probiotics through food, if possible. What I would do in your situation: drop the vitamin D, drog the PGX and eat foods high in fiber, drop the ACV pills and buy real organic ACV, see if you can get probiotics through food, and maybe drop the milk thistle. That would leave you with DIM/Taurine, fish oil, zinc, B complex, and MSM.

have you had success with this organic stuff?