Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As you may guess from my username, my wedding is coming up. In 6 weeks to be exact. I have really oily skin and I'm concerned about being greasy and looking shiny in photos. Has anyone tried OC Eight? It is supposed to keep your skin matte for up to 8 hours. Does it really last that long? I usually get shiny within 2-3 hours of washing my skin and applying makeup. If this really helps it will be a godsend! I just don't want to spend the money on it until I get some more opinions.

Yes it works pretty good but not 8 hrs like the name implies. Its the best thing topically I've found.

Below are links for two threads. One deals with large pores and primers and one deals with oil absorbers, including OC Eight, in case you didn't read them already. I included two long posts on OC Eight and how I've used it that seems to work well for me. Although it won't last you 8 hours if your skin is really oily, like mine, I did wear it to a wedding as well and it worked out really well.

I think the reason is because it doesn't 'move' around like some of the other silicone-based oil-absorbing primers but smooths out your skin and stays put. It also makes the concealer and makeup 'grip' better so when you're blotting off oil that eventually accumulates, you don't get a lot of makeup coming off, just really oil. Because it stays put so well, it's really easy to do touchups of concealer if you need to, or apply a light dusting of powder/whatever you use to make your skin look fresh again.

Another tip I learned was after applying it to your skin and smoothing it out, use the residual on your fingertips and go right over the creases on your eyelids if they get oily. I agree with ImOily that it's the best I've found, and that thread has a link for the least-expensive place I've found to purchase it. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding btw SpringBride!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry2243193

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Primers-e...es-t191225.html