Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all,

Im tom -ive mild/mod acne, currently nursing contact dermititis after using 'neutrogena oil free moisturiser', which i foolishly celebrated in another topic after it seemed to work a charm. To good to be true i guess...

Now, disapointed and resembling an extra from dawn of the dead - im in a desperate quest to find one that doesnt contain salicylic acid (+ aloe vera preferably) (http://salicylatesensitivity.com/salicylate-free-products/#con)

and will help with my acne prone skin i.e not clog pores.

To narrow down a bit i live in the uk, ive tried olay, nivea and simple - but they seemed to cause breakouts if i used them daily. My god, my skin sucks balls.

I always seem to get some great advice from everyone - so any suggestions would be great.

all the best,

Tom.

I wouldn't say theres a best moisturiser, but dermol cream works pretty good for me got it of my derm, she said it was good stuff and it is for my skin.

It also battles bacteria and helps get rid of dermitits, seals in moisture to. :)

Agreed. Best is a relative term. My favourite is Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion.

I use Dove Moisturizing Facial Lotion with SPF 15. It's just a regular, gentle moisturizer that does a good job. At night, I use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion which is a bit thick to use during the day but really softens my face at night. These have not causes me any breakouts and do a good job of moisturizing. =)

Good luck finding the right products for you! Too bad there's no one "cure" for acne-prone skin. =(

I was actually just gonna make a thread like this. Sorry to jack it but I have a quick question...do I apply moisturizer after putting on my BP cream, on top of the BP?

I was actually just gonna make a thread like this. Sorry to jack it but I have a quick question...do I apply moisturizer after putting on my BP cream, on top of the BP?

I use the Neutrogena moisturizer for Combination Skin, it's really light

and doesn't make you look oily or greasy and it moisturizes really well :D

I break out to almost every moisturizer there is but i've been using aloe vera gel and it works amazing I've been using it for a month and no new breakouts!!!