Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tricky1

Groundbreaking Laser Research Aims to Get to the Root of Acne

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/am...ne,335261.shtml

Groundbreaking Laser Research Aims to Get to the Root of Acne – Early research findings on the use of a tunable free electron laser that selectively targets the chemical bond structures of acne sebum will be presented. Until now, the current laser and light sources targeting acne only have had a secondary effect on sebaceous glands. The paper was named the ASLMS “Best Overall Basic Science Award†for the conference.

i think this is further development on this from a couple years back, it was posted here as well i believe.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...ticle703825.ece

absolutely amazing. Probably take at least a year for this to become available.

Nikola tesla believed in the possibilty that radio waves could be used to heal human tissue and supposedly he experimented with this and built a healing machine, he also predicted a personal communication device that people would carry in their pockets, cellphones!!! this was in the early 1900s believe it or not, this guy was super smart, radio transmission was possible only through his discoveries in radio waves, marconis designs were based on teslas technology.

The question is, when will it actually be available? 10 years? 20? :l

the second article is from 2006, and in there it says: "could herald a precision laser treatment for acne within years". It doesnt seem like its going to take 10-20 years, but i cannot be sure. the second article does a better job describing what he is researching....intelligent guy. hopefully its the real deal and it at least seems to be on course to become a potential treatment. you read stuff on the Internet that says this and that will be coming out, but i think this is something with a lot more potential.

absolutely amazing. Probably take at least a year for this to become available.

i agree.

all these treatments come up and I'm already getting too old to have anything done. By the time the BEST treatment comes up I'll probably be over 30 and by then what would be the purpose of having acne scar healing treatment or whatever...seriously this sucks. I mean my acne isn't HORRIBLE now but I just can't stand it I mean I'm happy for those younger than me suffering but what about us older folks? sigh.

all these treatments come up and I'm already getting too old to have anything done. By the time the BEST treatment comes up I'll probably be over 30 and by then what would be the purpose of having acne scar healing treatment or whatever...seriously this sucks. I mean my acne isn't HORRIBLE now but I just can't stand it I mean I'm happy for those younger than me suffering but what about us older folks? sigh.

Think of your kids. Either this or a gene therapy will help them avoid acne.

one more laser promising to extirpate sebaceous glands...this in fact is not their actual claim; they claim to heat/melt fat without damaging skin, which is really not the same.

As for gene therapy, we're still a very long way away from designer retroviruses. And the disease is polygenic, chromosome 5 and 21 and perhaps others. Not a matter of simple deletions/insertions for sure, even if they had the tool (retrovirus).

The closest to gene therapy you can get is currently Accutane = isotretinoin = 13-cis retinoic acid. For those of you unaware, Accutane inhibits gene expression. Some of them, like the COX genes, you'd rather have left alone. Isotretinoin is also used in chemotherapy (a few types of cancer treatment).

For those with family history of this disease, there is no way out, just containment. We just need to find the least intrusive containment medication.