Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClaraLoassa

When using a 10% BP gel...

I know 10% BP is considered a bit harsh, that's why I'm wondering.

If you use a product with 10% BP in it, should you only use it to spot treat, or still apply all over like Dan says to with 2.5% BP in the regimen? What've been your experiences?

Spot treat. It's pretty strong and would likely dry you out severely if you used it all over.

But even spot treating isn't as effective as using something that will prevent the breakouts, rather than treat them as they occur. If you want to prevent the breakouts, the lower strength bp is better for this since you can apply lots of it.

Don't use 10% all over your face. Please don't. If you want to use 10% then apply a very thinlayer and only over the affected area. Anything more than a thin layer and you risk excessive dryness/irritation.

I'm not sure why you're limited to 10% bp, but I used to mix 10% bp lotion (the sort that comes in a squeeze bottle, like Oxy--this wouldn't work with cream) with some water and some moisturizer to dilute it to a lower strength before putting it on my face. You could try that.