Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I'm new here.

But I registered to get some advice from experienced people who know what they're talking about. I hope you guys can help.

For a long time, the only severe acne I ever suffered from were giant pimples on my nose. I guess they're not really that big (about half a cm in diameter), but they were always the same sort of thing. It started out as a small red bump that eventually became a large red bump. After a few days, the center would slowly turn milky white and pus would start oozing out by itself after another few days. No big deal. It was only painful when it was beginning to form and I wasn't too self-conscious about my appearance and just let it run its course. It would always go away by itself after a while. But the last time I had it, almost exactly a year ago, it lasted a month and a half, popped itself, dried out, re-inflated, etc. in a cycle three times before finally going away for good, leaving me with a fairly large and noticeable fleshy scar-bump at the tip of my nose. And it hurt a lot.

Now a new one has emerged (right next to the scar of the old one) and it's in the milky white phase. Last night, it started oozing pus. I used a tissue to clean off and when I woke up this morning, it seemed as if it had closed up again. I would really love some advice to avoid what ended up happening last year and just have it go away.

For the record, I've been using a product called Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (mom bought it). She also gave me something called Nelson's Acne Gel for Pimples and Blemishes. Should I start using the latter on the pimple and continue using the former? Or just stop for a while?

Thanks in advance!

It's really hard to say. I think that you should establish a good basic skin care regimen with a gentle cleanser, then add products one at a time.

Agreed xD. Add to many at once and you might upset your skin, like I did a while back and had dermitits which you don't want to get. :-p