Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigman13

Skin way too dry in the morning, way too oily in the afternoon

OK so, this is very weird. When I do the regimen, My skin is left so dry and flaky in the morning. I literally have to overdose on the moisturizer to make myself ready to go outside. That's how dry it gets after I cleanse in the morning.

Then, by the time afternoon rolls around, my skin gets EXTREMELY oily. Like, so oily that it starts to be a bother. I just want regular balanced skin when I use the regimen, but it's either so flaky or either so oily. Any reccomendations?

By the way, I do not moisturize at night and rarely use BP in the morning. So, basically, for fear of even more dryness.

I do, cleansing, followed by moisturizer in the morning, then at night i do cleansing, and BP.

Any help on how to get the right skin balance? does it have to do with me not moisturizing at night?

I have recently started moisturising at night. It does help to stop your skin from drying. be warned though that your skin might be very oily when you wake up in the morning. But then again it does depend on what moisturiser you are using.

I'd try going easier on the morning moisturizer and not worry so much about the extra flakes. See if your skin seems less oily by afternoon.

The other alternative is purchasing oil blotting sheets at your local drugstore. Restroom paper towels also work. Blot, don't rub.

Incidentally, don't be afraid to let your skin dry out some from the BP. Some drying is to be expected. Personally I prefer to keep my skin on the dry side. Feels better, and for me it's minimized new outbreaks.

Hope this helps.

As always, take what works for you and leave the rest. Good luck!

Debra :)