Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volcomskater

SA and BP together

I have clearisil ultra scrub and some oxy cream. Clearisil ultra scrub has 2 percent salycic acid and the oxy cream has 10 percent Benzoyl Peroxide. Is it ok to use both at the same time and how do i do it?

Theres nothing inherently wrong with using the two together, apart from the fact that it may irritate the piss out of your skin and thus make your skin worse. If it doesn't bother you, then use/apply them however you want. If it does overly irritate your skin then... you know... maybe stop doing it.

Regards

Oh uh, P.S. You probably know from checking out this site that in clinical trials 2% BP is just as effective as the 10% with far less irritation. You may want to look into a lower %... just a thought.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/what-has-...cts-t11566.html

Check out this long thread, basically using 2% SA cleanser and 10% BP Cleanser and getting clear. It is strong, try doing it once a day and use a light coating of the 10% since it is a leave on cream and you are not washing it off. Unless you apply, leave on for a few minutes and then gently rinse off. I have been doing a different regimen, but I am going to stop and use the 2 washes as they recc since I am having a flare up. I am only going to do in the am and use my other reg at night.

i use a SA based face wash, 0.5%, and a 10% BP for spot treatment.

Just follow the regimen as detailed on this website ... i only use the BP once a night because i dont need to apply twice anymre. I wash my face twice a day with the SA wash.

However, beware of oily skin! I know it sounds contradictory since using so-called harsh products together that in theory causes drying however, in my experience my oil production throughout the day has gone overboard and th nly reason tht could be due to is the products i use! I think a gentle face wash and BP might be ample.

I suggest using one or the other... Using both in conjunction of another will make you look like a tomato head.

I think it's okay to use them together if you work it slowly. I am on the Face Reality Regimen and as of now I am pretty clear. I have one pimple at the moment.

I apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA and then on top I dab OXY 2.5% BP on spots. It works wonders. I wouldn't recommend it at first though, you should get the face used to the initial irritation that comes with both SA and BP, and then slowly work towards BHA and BP together. If you don't then come back and people will give you advice on how to treat chemical burns :P

I think it's okay to use them together if you work it slowly. I am on the Face Reality Regimen and as of now I am pretty clear. I have one pimple at the moment.

I apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA and then on top I dab OXY 2.5% BP on spots. It works wonders. I wouldn't recommend it at first though, you should get the face used to the initial irritation that comes with both SA and BP, and then slowly work towards BHA and BP together. If you don't then come back and people will give you advice on how to treat chemical burns :P

is the paula's choice BHA a cleanser or like a gel that you apply to your skin and leave on?

I have started applying (at night) a 2% SA gel then applying a 5% BP cream on top of that ... is this bad or is it ok? Do they somehow cancel each other out? There is no irritation as of yet, so far so good.

is the paula's choice BHA a cleanser or like a gel that you apply to your skin and leave on?

I have started applying (at night) a 2% SA gel then applying a 5% BP cream on top of that ... is this bad or is it ok? Do they somehow cancel each other out? There is no irritation as of yet, so far so good.

Glad to hear that you are pretty clear. How long have you been going to Face Reality now? They are still keeping me nice and clear too! :)