Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nj12345

Help new?

I saw this site on NBC.com and decided to check it out. First I am a 23 year old male and have struggled with face and body acne. I have seen a dermatolgist many times and cured my face acne for the most part. My back and chest still suck and I refuse to take my shirt off in public even though I am in great shape. I was hoping for some help in that area. Second about 3 months ago I noticed small cyst's had formed on my penis. This caused an awkard moment with a lady friend last week. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any cures? Should I just suck it up and go see the doctor with an high embarrasment factor? All help on any of these topics would be great. Thanks PS sorry about spelling

Obviously I have no personal experience with this specific issue, but you should never be too embarrassed to consult your physician. We all have bodies and bodily functions.

You probably have what are known as Sebaceous Prominences. I actually experienced the same thing that you experienced...my back and face acne went away, and then a few of these sprung up. Unfortunately, they're "normal" and most doctors won't do anything beyond that. It's not an STD, it's not transmittable and it may or may not go away. It's basically a pour that's clogged. Some guys claimed to have had theirs for 10-15 years. I've a few for the past 2 years and have only tried squeezing them with my fingernails (not a smart idea and it doesn't work well). I'm thinking about getting a little gutsier and try putting some Differin cream I have on them or trying to get another prescription for Benzaclin (which TOTALLY destroyed my face/back acne...it was awesome). You can probably have them removed by a dermatologist with a small incision procedure, or maybe even topical creams. Check out this forum dedicated to it http://www.sebaceous-prominence.com/index.php. There's actually a guy on there who has his own procedure on how to excise them, but I don't think it's a smart idea to try to do your own surgery. I'd rather pay a dermatologist a few hundred bucks to do this and make sure it's done right.