Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clown Girl

Eating more, losing less...

Any tips for gaining weight? I've been on a no beef, no wheat and no sugar diet and I easily lose weight but my skin is looking amazing. Any advice?

I like how we both pretty much asked the same question at the same time. =P

Well your "SEX SEX SEX" topic was misleading to me so I didn't even think twice of it as an underweight situation :P

I've been eating fish a lot too and these vegetables/fruits are filling but the calories are so small. I'm afraid of what ingredients protein shakes contain...?

I'm probably only complaining because I have a stomach ache right now...otherwise I like how I've finally managed to break my default weight. (I'm always 125, rain or shine).

I like how we both pretty much asked the same question at the same time. =P

Well your "SEX SEX SEX" topic was misleading to me so I didn't even think twice of it as an underweight situation :P

I've been eating fish a lot too and these vegetables/fruits are filling but the calories are so small. I'm afraid of what ingredients protein shakes contain...?

The Odwalla shakes are fine ingredient-wise. Mostly organic, no added sugars. However, just from natural sugars they're 35-40 grams. I'm not sure if that's horrible or not, but you could always test it and see if it breaks you out. I like the vanilla, but there are several varieties.

There are probably better protein drinks out there that still supply plenty of calories, though.

You could try making your own protein shakes -- is dairy or peanutbutter allowed in your diet? Full-fat kefir + (natural of course) peanutbutter + banana is tasty in a blender, but that could be just me. ;) Also, lots of oil on veggies is good for additional caloric-denseness.

My absolute fav food is also quite dense in calories: avocados! In abundance. Or even in guacamole. Mmmmm...

jepp, that's what i was going to suggest, too.

exercise, lift weights. muscle mass is heavy:-)

Start eating almond butter.. it's very healthy and good for you and very high in calories.

Also if you can drink 1l of milk a day (although it's probably not as healthy!) you're set

Hey!

I was following the same diet as you before, and I had the same problem....! Now I feel better, I eat bacon, butter, lard, eggs, chicken, lots of meat and some boiled vegetables to go with it. Ocasionally I also have some fish. I try not to eat too much dairy, although butter seems to be okay, it doesn´t break me out. If I eat cheese or milk I get huge breakouts. Yoghurt also seems to be okay, in small amounts. I do eat vegetable fats as well, but I try to stay away from oils as much as possible, if I eat a salad (normally happens twice a week) I put extra virgin olive oil on it, but I never fry in it, since this changes its chemical composition. I prefer to fry in butter, which is also a lot tastier, and doesn´t burn very easily.

I work out a lot, three times a week, I lift weights and do a lot of cardio, and I go to work on a bicycle, walk up the stairs when I feel like I have some spare energy (which I never felt before, I was always tired)

SO, now I weigh more, think it´s about 4-5 pounds more, my breasts have gotten bigger, and so has my butt, although it sounds weird I think it´s because of more muscles. I feel better, I have more energy throughout the day and I have almost no acne (right now I have two pimples because of my period).

Don´t fear fat, a lot of people here have already discovered that the real problems are the carbohydrates.

Ha, ok, here's the thing, even though I may not be eating as many calories as I usually do, I'm still eating a heckuvalot of meat and vegetables, enough to keep me more than full, so I don't really think its reduced calorie intake per say that's clearing me up.

if you are eating lots of meat thats good, but less calories will also help. If you are losing weight its almost certainly because you are eating less calories. If you just started the diet you might lose some weight but your metabolism will probably adjust and slow down, which is a good thing.

if you are eating lots of meat thats good, but less calories will also help. If you are losing weight its almost certainly because you are eating less calories. If you just started the diet you might lose some weight but your metabolism will probably adjust and slow down, which is a good thing.