Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philiwily

Has anyone tried ThermaClear?

Has anyone here tried ThermaClear? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? Is laser treatment in general effective? My Dad wanted to buy this for me... but for $150 for spot treatment... I'm not so sure. Though it does have a 30 day return guarantee...

We've used the ThermaCare for achy muscles/backs in this house. Since we like heat as a treatment usually, they worked really well I must say. Little charcoal disks are activated when you open the package. You place it directly on the painful area and in a short time those disks heat up, radiating the heat around the area on which you placed it. It keeps it warm for the period of time they say it will, if not longer. I usually end up taking it off when I've used it before 8 hours. Because you wrap it around the painful area, it kind of supports it a little bit, plus keeps it nice and warm, making the achiness feel better.

I don't know about laser treatments. Hope it helps!

It works under similar principles as Zeno - both use a directed dose of heat to kill the acne bacteria, which kills the developing pimple. I have read comparison reviews of these two devices and it seems to be a personal preference - some like one and some like the other one. There are some pros and cons of each - Zeno needs replacement tips, Thermaclear doesn't. With thermaclear each pimple is treated for few seconds,with Zeno each treatment is 2 1/2 minutes. I have read that Thermaclear is quite a bit more painful than Zeno. From what most reviewers have said, it feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin.

I haven't tried Thermaclear, but I have had good luck with Zeno for occasional inflamed pimples (fortunately, I don't get many of these anymore!). Both products are really meant to treat a few inflamed pimples here and there, not really for treating more widespread acne problems.

How well does it [Zeno or ThermaClear] deal with larger stuff... like maybe big whiteheads or cysts? I just started a new regimen about three weeks ago and my acne seems to be going away, but I do get occasional nasty inflamed zits, which is what I'd imagine I'd use it for.

How well does it [Zeno or ThermaClear] deal with larger stuff... like maybe big whiteheads or cysts? I just started a new regimen about three weeks ago and my acne seems to be going away, but I do get occasional nasty inflamed zits, which is what I'd imagine I'd use it for.

I think I might purchase this..

My acne is mild, and prodomitely on my chin area, and the pimples that form always usually leaves a scar behind.

I am eventually going to get 2 times a mnth isolaz treatments..but in the mean time, I think this would serve well, if I can catch the zit before it erupts...I should of gotten this earlier.

I just hate the price tag.

But, yeah I think i'll grab this booger.