Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeFazioNM

Oil, Hair, Exercise, Big pores, & Acne

I just finished my 7 month accutane cycle and have seen some great results from what it was before going on it. However, a month after my treatment has ended my face is beginning to become oily again, and I am starting to get nervous and fearful of a premature return of acne.

My face is particularly oily, most likely due the fact that I have some enlarged pores around my nose/cheek area. First off, I am wondering if there are any natural ways to reduce oil production or reduce pore size.

I have been growing my hair out longer than usual, and I have been shaving my face about every 2 days to keep facial hair off my face. I have heard that hair produces oil that can cause acne. Therefore I am wondering if growing my hair out will affect my face at all.

Lastly, with summer on the horizon I am wondering constant sweaty excercise will cause any flare ups or break outs on my face. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear some answers1

Have you tried pantothenic acid for your oily skin? Also known as Vitamin B5 is shown to decrease sebum production.

For me personally, I keep my hair of my face all the time unless I can't help it. If your hair is on your face it not only produces oil from your hair but the oil on your face will both be trapped under the layer of hair. Not a pretty sight. Also by keeping my hair off my face I don't break out so much. Hope that helps.