Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

Do you think topicals help skin or just end up worsening it?

I'm talking long-term.

I guess it depends on what you use? It seems like some products are definitely irritating, whereas others adapt to the skin quite well. I know they help in the short-term, but I hope it's not just prolonging my struggles with acne by making the skin more sensitive.

I sort of wonder if I would have outgrown acne by now had I not used any sort of products to treat it, but I highly doubt that.

Personally I believe that over use of a product does tend to create a dependency. That is why I try to only use cleansers and moisturisers instead of leaving BP in my pores all day. I am actually not a fan of BP at all, the only time I leave a topical on is for spot treatment, and hopefully once I finish my Accutane course I won't even have to bother with that!

Personally I believe that over use of a product does tend to create a dependency. That is why I try to only use cleansers and moisturisers instead of leaving BP in my pores all day. I am actually not a fan of BP at all, the only time I leave a topical on is for spot treatment, and hopefully once I finish my Accutane course I won't even have to bother with that!

definetly not a good idea to use topicals long term.

whether it significantly worsens or not, i dont know, but its not exactly going to make things better if you have to use it long term.

im fine with gentle cleansers, but moisturizers and leave on topicals is a no no for me-o.

Depends on the product.

AHA and BHA products are proven to prevent skin aging also at the long term.

Topical retinoids like differin do that also. BP i think is not good for your skin at the long term

Depends on the product.

AHA and BHA products are proven to prevent skin aging also at the long term.

Topical retinoids like differin do that also. BP i think is not good for your skin at the long term

Topicals would work for a month on me then they would stop working and I would have an outbreak. I now just use BP and skinorean on spots and the rest of the time I use Urine Therapy (UT), which is working really, well.

If you want to learn more about UT please read my post on it.

I think that its always best to treat the cause rather that the symptoms; and by this I mean looking for the most natural ways of healing the body. All antibiotics have f*cked me up big time and its taking a long time to undo the damage.

Some make it look worse for a period of time but it gets better in the long run..