Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Psyllium Husks

I was wondering if it really matters about taking these 30-60 minutes before a meal? I take Dandelion root and it says to take that at meal times so i do that, and take the Psyllium Husks about 2 hours before a meal. Will it has the same effect or wont it be doing much at all?

it will keep you regular but taking it two hours before a meal defeats the purpose of taking it to stop your acne. The food has to blend with the husk in your system so if you take the husks too early then its gonna be too far advanced into the digestion system to curb the insulin spike from the late coming food.

it will keep you regular but taking it two hours before a meal defeats the purpose of taking it to stop your acne. The food has to blend with the husk in your system so if you take the husks too early then its gonna be too far advanced into the digestion system to curb the insulin spike from the late coming food.

I took 11 PGX capsules today. I ate a bit of bad stuff, but most of these pills were taken during or a few minutes after eating. I hope it still has a good effect. Odd thing is is that I have a big headache now. Could it be from the fiber?

I took 11 PGX capsules today. I ate a bit of bad stuff, but most of these pills were taken during or a few minutes after eating. I hope it still has a good effect. Odd thing is is that I have a big headache now. Could it be from the fiber?

No it was probably from the sh/it you ate. Where's your discipline? Prepare for a massive ring splitting poo for your overindulging fiber sins.

11 capsules? wow! you can get a headache from too little sugar, often called a "hunger headache". if your body is used to a lot of sugar, a change can take some time for your body to adjust to.

No it was probably from the sh/it you ate. Where's your discipline? Prepare for a massive ring splitting poo for your overindulging fiber sins.

I think the idea is eating sensibly and using fiber as a supplement, not a massive cure all that you hope will erase your indulgence.