Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am at a place now (being acne free) where i can look back at my sad sad pshychological state... and laugh.

i remember being desperate enough to try absolutely anything.. i mean if a doctor came up to me and said smear poop all over your face and you will be cured, id do it.

i read somewhere that vinegar stops acne...

so i started dumping vinegar on my face.... it burned like shit, and i smelled like shit the entire day.. also my acne got explosive, i mean explosive! my face was tomatoe red and was filled with thousands of whiteheads.... yeah.... THANKS FOR WHOEVER PUT THAT ON THE INTERNET YOU JACKASS!

i also heard semen cures acne soooo...

haha just joshing.......(or am i)

I can't remember about wacky 'cures' I might have tried, although I'm sure there were more than a few...

But I do remember being younger and thinking I'd come up with a great way of covering up my skin, before I'd been introduced to the wonders of conventional makeup. I'd smother my face in talcom powder and somehow actually convince myself that it was doing a great job of making my skin appear normal.

Funny thing is, I actually went out quite a bit after doing that and my confidence back then was a lot higher than it is now, even though I must've looked a million times worse - and you know... kind of paler too.

I miss being 12, sort of..

I think toothpaste was the silliest one I've ever done. I'd dab it on and go to bed. I'd wake up with freakin' toothpaste smeared all over my face and pillow. It did nothing for the acne at all, but I sure did smell fresh!!

I think toothpaste was the silliest one I've ever done. I'd dab it on and go to bed. I'd wake up with freakin' toothpaste smeared all over my face and pillow. It did nothing for the acne at all, but I sure did smell fresh!!

Vinnegar does work, but you have to dilute it. I apply ACV twice a day and its working great.

Clearasil. I remember when i first got a few spots and just thought "Ahh no biggie, bit of Clearasil, job done!"

:(

Lemon juice diluted in water applied topically.. I admit the smell was appealing but it stung and irritated so much. Oh yeah and the winner - Clinique's 3 step regime. I probably would've gotten better results if I used vodka as a toner.

Ha! I remember my naive days of thinking toothpaste would work. OH, and when I was younger I used to dab soap lather on individual spots, leave it for a minute, then wash it off. Yeah, like that was ever going to work! What an idiot I was.

Intense heat. I think I read about those Zeno things, well yeah leave it to the Zeno don't try and make your own version - it didn't end well!

Intense heat. I think I read about those Zeno things, well yeah leave it to the Zeno don't try and make your own version - it didn't end well!

i am at a place now (being acne free) where i can look back at my sad sad pshychological state... and laugh.

i remember being desperate enough to try absolutely anything.. i mean if a doctor came up to me and said smear poop all over your face and you will be cured, id do it.

i read somewhere that vinegar stops acne...

so i started dumping vinegar on my face.... it burned like shit, and i smelled like shit the entire day.. also my acne got explosive, i mean explosive! my face was tomatoe red and was filled with thousands of whiteheads.... yeah.... THANKS FOR WHOEVER PUT THAT ON THE INTERNET YOU JACKASS!

i also heard semen cures acne soooo...

haha just joshing.......(or am i)

i tried peanut butter and its why im clear today

just smear a healthy amount of peanut butter over any active acne, the smooth kinda rather than the crunchy kind (i found crunchy kind didnt work as well), seemingly the high protein content of peanut butter helps ease the spread of bacteriaand promotes the healing process of your cells

i believe the high protein content is what inspired the 'semen' myth, but thats just taking things too far IMO

Jep,

There are some crazy acne cures out there......remember that its a 10 billion dollar business....I bet theyll come out next year with a cellphone that cures acne lol...fucking idiots.

I've tried plenty of stupid shit, and a good bit of it came from the mostly worthless "red marks" forum on this very site. Baking soda, vinegar, neosporin, aspirin, and the list goes on..

I've tried plenty of stupid shit, and a good bit of it came from the mostly worthless "red marks" forum on this very site. Baking soda, vinegar, neosporin, aspirin, and the list goes on..

LOLok lets see. I tried putting AppleCidar vinegar on my face, burned and only made things worse because it made them red and dried out, and gave a rashy look. I even tried drinking vinegar a few times because supposedly it cleans out your insides and makes you healthier and stops acne. I tried dieting, which is stupid because im thin, and guess what that didn't help acne.

I put lemon juice on my face, i found that that works somewhat but not everyday,you gotta do it every other day.Lemon juice on my face would make improvements for 2-3 days, then afterwards make things more red and worse.

Toothpaste works terific for me, however thats only for shrinking pimples not red spots. And for toothpaste you have to put A TINY amount on! Put a pencil point sized dot of it on the pimple, if you put to much that will make it look red and inflamed!

And there was a big article somewhere maybe it was here yrs ago about putting urine on your face, i actually tried that 2 or 3 times and it did nothing. 1 article actually said to drink it but i never went that far.

Out of my whacky things, i found toothpaste works good for shrinking active pimples, but dont put too much and dont put it on red flat spots because that it makes worse. Only active pimples it works.

I read somewhere that crushed garlic applied to spots would get rid of them... I just ended up smelling like garlic and crying in a corner, and I had red burns on my face for three days.

When I think about it now, it's funny. :D Back then... not so funny.

My mum used to tell me that regular soap and water would get rid of it. Her reasoning behind that was this: "You don't see pictures of people from the old days with acne, do you?" I love my mum, but I'm pretty sure she is insane.