Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

I just want to know one thing.

How is it that you people are not rapidly losing weight with these diets? The average adult male, for example, needs about 3000 calories a day to maintain a healthy weight. If you cut out all sugar, all wheat, all grains, all dairy, all nuts and seeds, etc. etc. I don't see how it's possible that you're even getting HALF that with a diet of nothing but lean meats and fruits and veggies (the norm, as I see it).

Give me a sample "acne friendly" diet of 3000 calories a day and I will gladly test this to see if it improves my skin. Preferably a diet that doesn't involve taking a shitload of olive oil shots throughout the day, but seeing as this is one of the only calorie-dense foods out there that people haven't claimed breaks them out, I don't see how it's possible not to.

Until then, I'm pretty convinced an "acne friendly" diet is synonymous with weight loss. Which for some of us just plain is not a viable option.

How is it that you people are not rapidly losing weight with these diets? The average adult male, for example, needs about 3000 calories a day to maintain a healthy weight. If you cut out all sugar, all wheat, all grains, all dairy, all nuts and seeds, etc. etc. I don't see how it's possible that you're even getting HALF that with a diet of nothing but lean meats and fruits and veggies (the norm, as I see it).

Give me a sample "acne friendly" diet of 3000 calories a day and I will gladly test this to see if it improves my skin. Preferably a diet that doesn't involve taking a shitload of olive oil shots throughout the day

Give me a sample "acne friendly" diet of 3000 calories a day and I will gladly test this to see if it improves my skin. Preferably a diet that doesn't involve taking a shitload of olive oil shots throughout the day, but seeing as this is one of the only calorie-dense foods out there that people haven't claimed breaks them out, I don't see how it's possible not to.

Until then, I'm pretty convinced an "acne friendly" diet is synonymous with weight loss. Which for some of us just plain is not a viable option.

Give me a sample "acne friendly" diet of 3000 calories a day and I will gladly test this to see if it improves my skin. Preferably a diet that doesn't involve taking a shitload of olive oil shots throughout the day

Well, It may be a bit more expensive and delicious, but it's not difficult. Here is what I usually do in a day... (and no olive oil :cool: )

usually three to four meals

about 3 servings of 10-16oz beef, lamb, goat, or salmon (700-1200 cal)

about 5+ servings of veg (mostly greens, green beans, etc) with butter (200-500 cal)

1 can of beans cooked with butter, spices, and some veg (400-500 cal)

about 4 strips of bacon added on veg or in beans, or with meat (160-200cal)

So this is at least about 2860 cal and at most about 4800 cal. I usually get something in between there, and I would say it is more about the mid 3000s.

And honestly it might seem more expensive than it actually is as well. I typically buy a whole animal when I get meat, so like a whole lamb 30-40 lbs is about $70-80. You can save a lot of money doing this, so I would suggest it. I buy bacon in large bundles from a different farmer which has similar savings as well. Oh btw, the meats I get are free range and organic as well. My weekly veg bill is usually about $12-20 depending on what I get. Canned beans are somewhat a rip off, and I usually buy in bulk from a food co-op for about $1/lb (and in terms of dried beans, that is A LOT of beans). Well, you get the idea. If you aren't eating out and shop sensibly, you may actually save money eating like this.

The answer to your question is simple.

1. Remove the offending foods (nuts, grains, dairy, etc)

2. Replace with foods that that aren't offensive (meat, eggs, vegetable, etc).

I have to say though, since switching to a low-carb diet I've noticed I'm satisfied easier. I could eat cereal and bread all day without stopping, but a few eggs in the morning are enough to keep me well into the afternoon.

I have to say though, since switching to a low-carb diet I've noticed I'm satisfied easier. I could eat cereal and bread all day without stopping, but a few eggs in the morning are enough to keep me well into the afternoon.

Then how do you explain all the people complaining about how switching to this diet made them lose weight against their desire?

Then how do you explain all the people complaining about how switching to this diet made them lose weight against their desire?

Peanuts are common acne-aggravating foods, but the true nuts usually aren't as bad.

As always, it's an individual thing. Personally I tolerate nuts just fine. I only mentioned it in my post in order to keep consistent with your original post.