Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mon Mon

Accutane and oily skin

I just started claravis 40 mg twice a day. I'm EXTREMELY oily, even in the winter. I'm hoping the regimine will alleviate some of my oil production even after treatment. I'm also hoping that since I am so oily my skin won't become so dry during treatment. My Doc said it can go either way, it could help with the oil or not at all. If anybody who is also very oily like me can share their experiences...

I have been on accutane for about 6 weeks....

My face was always VERY oily, I would take a shower at 6am, and at 9-10am I would pat my face with a paper towel, and honestly it would look like a fast food bag, you could pretty much see through the paper towel.

Now that I am on accutane, I can literally go a full day and still feel as if I had just showered. I can pat my face about 12 hours after a shower, and there is no oil on the paper towel. Its amazing, it really is, oh and my face doesnt appear dry, and is not flaky, or peeling.

I have been on accutane for about 6 weeks....

My face was always VERY oily, I would take a shower at 6am, and at 9-10am I would pat my face with a paper towel, and honestly it would look like a fast food bag, you could pretty much see through the paper towel.

Now that I am on accutane, I can literally go a full day and still feel as if I had just showered. I can pat my face about 12 hours after a shower, and there is no oil on the paper towel. Its amazing, it really is, oh and my face doesnt appear dry, and is not flaky, or peeling.

I didn't have too oily skin before Accutane... I would wash my face twice a day. Since I've started Accutane, my face has gotten much more oily. Now, I have to wash my face three or four times a day. I'm on day 11. Is this normal?

I was also an extremely oily person. Just like somebody else said....blotting face 1-2 hours after showering made the paper towel look like a greasy fast food bag. It was horrible. During beginning of Accutane (Sotret 40 mg/day) the oil actually increased. And then after 10-14 days I began to dry out. I'm now on week 10 and 60 mg/day and my skin and scalp are bone dry. I used to have to wash my hair daily or look like a greasy hippie. Now I can go 4 or 5 days between hair washings and not see the slightest bit of greasiness. I still break down and wash it after 3-4 days just as a matter of principal ;)

SO....yep, it's normal to be even more oily after 11 days or so. I think it's the accutane causing your oil glands to "purge." But have no fear, after a couple of weeks on it you'll notice the oil disappearing from your skin.

Well I'm at almost a week now and i'm definately drying out luckily... hopefully won't dry out too bad. My face is red though.... everyone keeps asking me if i got sunburned.