Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had an acne issue for many years. I have started to gain some control over it using several expensive products. I have three acne related questions I'm hoping you can help me with. First, I notice that acne products usually have 1 of 2 main ingredients, either Salicylic acid or Benzoyl Peroxide; which one provides better results? The second question, I have very oily skin, I continually wash with acne products and it's oily again within a couple hours, is there anything I can do or take to decrease the oil production? Finally, are you able to do a comparison of the acne products Proactiv, Lab Series for Men and Clinique skin products for men?

When you dry out your skin, the body notices an oil depletion and it compensates by overproducing oil. I currently use Proactive and like their products but do not like the cleanser, it is too harsh on my skin. I also use clean and clear acne patches (with salicylic acid) on a few pimples and it does reduce them overnight, you have to put them on right after you notice one coming, if it's already visible it also reduces it but not as dramatically, at least that is my experience. What I do is was my face and put on the patches on the pimples and put proactive benzoyl peroxide on the rest of my face. Dr. Haushka has a good line of acne products that do not dry out the face, including a moisturizing oil that gets rid of oily skin and moisturizes dry skin. I like the cleanser a lot and this oil.

That has been my experience, hopefully it can help you somewhat.