Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I_Have_Bad_Acne

Who has skipped class because you HATE YOUR ACNE

Guys i'm fed up... I have acne all over my friggen face and today it stopped me from going to two of my college classes, which both are very important, but i just cant stand to walk into a class room with my acne.. The feelings i have towards acne are with such HATRED and i HATE EVERYONE who has perfect skin because their so happy..God i'd rather hAve anythin else than acne .. God i wanna cry...

haha me too....and if I was running late I'd say screw it and not go cuz I didn't want everyone looking at me as I got in late...:(

no I've always gone in looking like crap. I had an allergic reaction once and my eyes all swelled up and looked sick, and my skin was bad, I felt like a sicko, but I just wore sunglasses and people were laughin in class, but I just explained "I look like a sicko!!!" and it was kinda funny. Even at my worst, it's always been worse for myself and noone else has really noticed anything different, I just got paranoid that everyone would be thinking how ugly I look.

I can't afford to miss any classes because I *know* it'll hinder my grade. I go to every one, spots and all. Nobody has evercommented which is a good thing. I'd give 'em the finger and tell 'em where to stick it.

haha me too....and if I was running late I'd say screw it and not go cuz I didn't want everyone looking at me as I got in late...:(

I'm guilty of this too. I take it to an extreme though and do it far too much. I have bad anxiety problems in addition to my skin troubles, so when I'm having a particularly nasty breakout I find it extremely difficult to go out and get on with everyday things like going to school.

I've gotten into a lot of trouble because of my attendance levels in the past, my current college is much more lenient about it but even they are getting fed up now. I'd say taking the occasional day or two off is fine but just try not to make it into a habit, it's incredibly easy for one day to turn into two, and so on...

It's funny, one part of me always thinks along the lines of 'fuck it', why should I care what I look like and what others think of me as a result, but the other part is still hugely self-conscious despite all of that. The hardest part is usually getting myself out of the door in the morning, when I'm actually outside I feel a lot more confident. But, not so much at the moment... I have some massive burn marks over my face currently which are quite obvious, but I'm going to have to go in to college anyway to hand in some way overdue coursework. Tomorrow's going to be fun. :doubt:

guilty as charged....and it affected my grades too :wall: thankfully the number of ucas points I need isn't too high....

do it all the time, u feel guilty though because your like dam im pathetic i cant believe acne affects me this much

Yeah I've driven to college before, seen myself in the car wing mirror etc on the way there and turned around because I felt I couldn't possibly face anyone looking like I did.

Nobody comments on my skin ever, but I do feel as though sometimes people seem as if they're looking at my acne more than me when we're talking. That really gets to me and so does being in college all day everyday with those who have amazing complections.

Guess I've got to suck it up though and just get through. You guys all obviously can relate which is nice.

Done it, missed some serious classes too - may affect whether I pass this year or not unfortunatley :(

Makes me feel like Im a dosser or something, dodging class cos I'm lazy but I just cannot do presentations, especially with acne.

Guys i'm fed up... I have acne all over my friggen face and today it stopped me from going to two of my college classes, which both are very important, but i just cant stand to walk into a class room with my acne.. The feelings i have towards acne are with such HATRED and i HATE EVERYONE who has perfect skin because their so happy..God i'd rather hAve anythin else than acne .. God i wanna cry...

I had to attend a certain amount of classes and lectures at uni to be eligible to receive a grade at the end of the semester. The semester my acne stared getting bad (in 3rd year) I started missing many lectures and a few classes but I still managed to complete the year and got my BA History degree.

Just grit your teeth and see it out, in the long run your acne will disappear and you will find employment that you enjoy.

Presentations are probably the worst. I had to give a presentation during one of the worst breakouts of my life. I think I looked down at the floor the whole time, my class was full of really stunning girls and a few guys and I felt SO embarrassed. Thankfully I had studied for it quite well so it wasn't as awkward as it could have been.

Me, I miss atleast one lecture a week because of it. I also have a presentation to do in 2-3 weeks time. The last two presentations I've done I drank a couple of beers before hand or shots of vodka. Any advice lol?

I had to attend a certain amount of classes and lectures at uni to be eligible to receive a grade at the end of the semester.

I had to attend a certain amount of classes and lectures at uni to be eligible to receive a grade at the end of the semester.

Same here, that's how I fucked up my first semester almost completely, hah.

I've done this many times, gee.... I hate it when I have to plan almost everything based on how my acne looks. I plan which semester to enter! this year I started during summer, I could've started during winter but gosh, I just can't help it w/ people staring. Summer classes, I only took one class, cos I don't think I'd be able to handle it! Now I'm about to take accutane, I guess I might miss more classes (hopefully I won't resort to that again though)!!!!!