Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saturny

Acceptance of my scarring now I am in my thirties

For the past year, since a dermatologist told me I'd be best not go for filler injections, I've been trying to accept my scarring and to some extent it has worked. There is no reason for me to get upset anymore (of course there are occasions).

I accept that I'll always have these scars and in good light they are not as noticeable. I try and not look in mirrors or windows where they will show up badly, no point. This is working, I am happier and more content.

I'm sometimes glad though that I don't have to look at me all day. I'd find it hard not to stare as I'd be curious. Some people must want to ask what is the problem with my face. :D

How bad is your scarring? Honestly I think that scarring is barely noticeable next to the acne itself, and because I have acne I'm constantly checking out other people's faces to compare.

Think of James Woods and Bill Murray- both have fairly bad acne scarring, but it hasn't stopped them. I obviously don't want to tell you how to feel, but if I were you I'd be optimistic and happy that the worst is behind you.

I agree. Honestly, I envy your position greatly. If I all I had to worry about was some scarring I would be ecstatic. But as it is, I've got to deal with active acne at the moment.