Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashleyms

Trying to make green smoothies but...

They're so chunky, i can't even really "drink" it..I have to spoon it out. This is my second time making them. I put in some kale, celery, an apple and a peach and lots of water. It took a long time for the kale and celery to even blend. Maybe it's my blender's fault.

They're so chunky, i can't even really "drink" it..I have to spoon it out. This is my second time making them. I put in some kale, celery, an apple and a peach and lots of water. It took a long time for the kale and celery to even blend. Maybe it's my blender's fault.

I'd miss out the celery and make sure the kale is just the leaves and not the stalks that should make it a bit more drinkable.

Spinach and fruit is a good starting block if you're new to the whole green smoothie thing. Celery is pretty chunky - you'd be better juicing it and adding it to the blender

hope that helps

I tried to make it and ended up eating it! Also I was nearly sick after because it tasted so bad! Im a daily vegetable eater and I like them, but this just tasted like grass! Ill stick to my fruit + pumpkin seed smoothies, they actually taste good!

As far as I know Green Smoothies are all about 'leafy' greens. Perhaps you should only add the leaf of the celery and add more water?

Good luck and try to stick with it as they are a healthy treat and have been good for helping clear acne with some people.

Thanks guys.

Mine did taste disgusting! I guess my blender just does suck. The good ones are 400 dollars though. I am notpaying $400 for a blender. Oh well

I drink a smoothie every morning for breakfast. No protein added, only veggies and fruit with some natural juice.

Spinach is so good for you, its a must every morning. Dont use apples, they really have a low nutrition value for what they are, and when you blend them, they turn to pulp basically. I also add carrots as well, some green and orange, good stuff.

Spinach

Carrots

Banana

Xango mangosteen juice - its a natural anti inflammatory, only 3 oz's, also anti oxident

BLueberries are a must, good anti oxident

Pear

Water - very little

Dark chocolate - very small amount, three nickel size peices, adds flavor

I make this same thing every morning, drink it over 2 hours so i dont spike my blood sugar. From 6:30 - 8:30 am, keeps me full until 11:30.

I add 1 cup of spinach, it turns the whole thing very green, and it tastes great, i look forward to it every day. Also on days that i work out, i make half of this smoothie, add 40 g protein powder and drink it right after im done lifting. Usually around 7 pm.

The Xango juice is a must, its done so much for me and a lot of other people. Worth every penny. Try this mix, i know you will like it.

Trust me when I first started I was like oh my god that's minging with even just the littlest bit of spinach in it. Now I add handfuls of spinach, pak choi, parsley, rocket, lambs lettuce and it tastes great.

They are an acquired taste that you need to build up.

My blender cost £60 which is bugger all and it works just fine...

I have to put my greens through my juicer 3-4 times before it's smooth, and afterwards I put them through my blender for 1-2mins. If you do that it should be smooth enough for you to drink through a straw.