Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siava

Undereye Darkness

I've noticed in the past few months that I've developed a bluish tinge under my eyes. I think I'm getting enough sleep, I'm not overly stressed, but I am 30. Is this just a sign of getting older? Does anybody have any surefire ways of combating this so I don't have to gob on lots of undereye brightening makeup? Do cucumbers really work? I've never tried them (too busy eating them!!).

I'm 23 and have undereye circles..but thats just because it runs in my family. I get plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, and am not overly stressed either. I've yet to find an undereye cream that really does anything honestly. I don't mean to give you a bad outlook..but like I said..for me its hereditary. So yeah. If you find an undereye cream that does something, let me know!

Yeah, I have dark circle since teen, no eye cream help. I guess it's best to prevent the wrinkles from forming and cover the dark circle up if neccessary.

i'm 22, i've had em since i was in middle school hehhe. doh. i'm using this stuff with kojic acid and stuff that's supposed to help it drain, we'll see if it works.

I too suffer with the dark under-eye circles; they are chronic. I'm 25, but I've had them ever since I was a little girl. Sometimes other kids at school would ask me why I had black eyes, or if someone had hit me in the face! :doh:

There are a lot of eye creams out there that promise to diminish the appearance of dark circles. I was using Vitamin E Eye Cream from The Body Shop for a while, and it didn't help much. I doubt I will find the solution in a cream, but I started using Burt's Bees "Radiance Eye Creme with Royal Jelly" about four days ago AM and PM. It was $14.99 for a tiny 0.50 oz. container, so I'm hoping it at least does something for me if it doesn't help to fade my dark circles. :)

One thing I recommend you do is wear sunglasses outside or put a sunscreen around your eyes so they don't get darker.

Edit: As for cucumbers, I found this quote from smartskincare.com's myth section:

"It is a popular practice to place freshly cut cucumber slices over one's eyes in order to reduce puffiness and "that tired look". Some think that cucumber flesh can reduce swelling and revitalize skin. Alas, it cannot.

Cucumber is over 90 percent water and the rest is mostly inert fiber with no skin benefits. However, cucumber slices do sometimes reduce puffiness a bit. That's because they are cold! You store your cucumbers in the refrigerator, don't you? It is the cold (not the cucumber) that shrinks the swelling by constricting blood vessels and thus reducing inflow of fluid into soft tissues. You can get the same results with a washcloth dipped in cold water."

I heard that tea bag might help the undereye dark circle and puffiness. Anybody tried?

I've tried most creams and such and the last thing I bought was Hylexin ($100) because I was so desperate. But that POS doesn't work either so either wear makeup or live with it.

BUT...I haven't tried natural things which I think I will sometime soon.

I've always had dark circles and had instances when I was a child when people thought my sister and I had black eyes. We got them from our mother.

The skin is thin and my eyes are deep set, making the bone under the eye prominent. Most things I've tried to do to cover them didn't conceal them that well and just emphasized the bone which emphasized the circle.

If that isn't your problem, then highlighting powders or pencils that reflect light can be the best solution. That's what I see makeup artists do all the time now. Carminde apparently uses Benefit's Eye Bright pencil.

It helps me a lot to put it just in the inner corner of the eye, but can't do the whole under eye because it highlights the bone. And I just put on an extra layer of my foundation. That works better than any concealor I've ever tried. I also put a little extra down onto my cheek below to help try to minimize the difference between the thin skin under my eye and the thicker skin on the rest of my face.

Origins makes a great eye cream for dark circles that has cucumber in it. I too have dark circles and I know that drinking extra water really helps. Find a good yellow based concealer for covering them up and get a good night's sleep.