Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest maq

I've started the regimen, couple of questions

Guest maq

Okay guys, I'm using panoxyl aquagel cream which is basically benzol peroxide 2.5%. Since this is the first time I'm using it, I'm starting off small. I'm wondering though if this cream is right 'cause it seems very sticky and doesn't easily glide over the skin as shown in the regimen method videos.

Also, for a moisturizer I got Nivea cream. Is that a suitable moisturizer to use? In the ingredients, it says that it has 'mineral oils.'

I'd also like to say that even though I just started yesterday my skin actually looks like it's improved loads... I know, probably a placebo effect but I had four massive ones on the right cheek and now I only have two - the other two have shrunk away! The two that have stayed are nodules. I dont think I've ever gotten a cyst, though. Does this stuff work on nodules? I only get them on the right side which is strange (and usually they appear after a month or two of being clear, and then BAM loads of them all localised in the same area).

Cheers!

The one shown in the regimen is definitely different. As that is Dan's own product the consistency and texture will not be the same. PanOxyl is more sticky and dries faster. You have to be fast when using it otherwise it will dry up before you spread it.

good luck with the regimen

Guest maq

Thankyaverymuch. What about the cream? It has it has 'mineral oils' but Dan specified not to use moisturizers with 'comedonal' oils. Is it okay? Also, does this site deliver to UK at an affordable price?

They do deliver to UK but I don't know the price...You can actually register and add up the price including the shipping price before you order the products. You might want to try doing that.

Honestly, I have no idea about the cream. But if it works for you and doesn't break you out I don't see a problem.

Hi there. First off, welcome! :D

If you're new to the regimen, you may want to compare the ingredients in your chosen products to a list you can find at www.zerozits.com/article/acne_detective. It's a printable list (6 pages) of common ingredients found in beauty/skin products. They are rated for noncomedogenicness (won't clog pores) and irritation. 0 being the best score and 5 being the worst. If an ingredient has a score of 0-3, it's ok, but try to avoid buying products with ingredients rated 4 or over.

You mentioned you were concerned about mineral oil, and this ingredient received a score of 0 for both criteria--a great start! But do check out the other ingredients. Hopefully they're all on the list. If I can't verify at least most of the ingredients I don't buy the product. I've found this list to be extremely helpful in selecting skin products, and take it to the drugstore with me.

Key things you also want to look for are: noncomedogenic, oil-free, alcohol-free, fragrance-free. These are good indicators for narrowing down your choices, and should be mentioned on the bottle or box. But ultimately you have to decide what works best for your skin type, and what works (or doesn't work) for someone else may (or may not) work for you.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :D

BTW, Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture with SPF 15 is a good one.

Debra

I live in Denmark and have never had a problem with shipping. It can be pricey but my shipment lasts for about 4 months. No biggie.