Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, my skin is clearer than it used to be.

However, when my skin was breaking out really bad, I made an extra effort to be confident as much as possible.

Now that my skin is clearing up (as a result of a quasi paleo diet), my confidence is starting to skyrocket.

Yesterday, I initiated a converation with a girl who went to my primary school (I'm now at uni!) She was in the grade above me, and I have never really spoke to her before!

This is just one example.

I am now the guy who will introduce myself to other people. I never used to do that!

I am now a very confident public speaker! (Yes, through practice and some helpful tips, but also as a result of this acne experience) Public speaking used to be my worst fear!!!!

On this forum, people have said that there confidence/self esteem has hit rock bottom even post acne.

This experience has had the opposite effect on me, that's for sure.

By the way, of course my confidence suffered a huge blow when I first had to deal with acne. But by becoming mentally stronger + becoming clearer, my confidence has soared.

Has anyone else experienced this blessing?

Keep in mind also that I was that shy boy in primary school and even in high school.

My confidence has improved but not because my acne is improving...my acne is still bad to me..I just worked to get my confidence up.

hi

it's a very very great thing that happens to you, you are very blessed.

at this moment im dealing with confidence issue, especially when it comes to public speaking!

it's still one of my worst fear. more than ever, i'll say. could you tell me how do you get there? how do u start? like, how do u practice, does your uni require so much of it?

btw. im also in post acne stage. have been clear for about 3 years, thanx to acne.org

cheers

well done, heretohelp

hi

it's a very very great thing that happens to you, you are very blessed.

at this moment im dealing with confidence issue, especially when it comes to public speaking!

it's still one of my worst fear. more than ever, i'll say. could you tell me how do you get there? how do u start? like, how do u practice, does your uni require so much of it?

btw. im also in post acne stage. have been clear for about 3 years, thanx to acne.org

cheers

well done, heretohelp

Hi mariamaria,

Well, first of all, learning to speak confidently in public doesn't happen overnight.

You need to ask yourself: how important is having the ability to speak in public to you? If it's just to get a passing grade, or to avoid embarrassment, then you will likely lack what it takes to build confidence.

Maybe it will help your career?? It will certainly build your confidence as a person!

I had a speech 2 days ago for my class. Before the speech, I made sure I was really confident and happy when conversing with my class mates (even though we had only just met!) prior to the class!!!

Now, instead of talking to strangers in the class during the speech, I was now talking to my friends! This made a world of difference.

There are many other tips I could possibly offer you but I would be repeating the words of Dale Carnegie in:

'The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking' - a little bit dated now but this book has sold millions of copies. It is, I believe, timeless.

I recommend that you read it!

By the way, I became passionate about improving my ability to speak publicly because:

a) I am a law student so this is an invaluable skill

b) BUT much more importantly, I knew it would change me as a person in such a positive way

It certainly does!

Just imagine, if you, mariamaria, could be a confident public speaker (after enduring some minor inevitable setbacks)?? You will gain the confidence to do anything in life!!

Confidence is hard to find. I only feel confident when I help someone, being nice to people makes me feel a little importance.

I love telling people how smart they are or how beautiful they are because I know some people need to hear it. I love to help everyone, kindness is my only talent.

It might be shallow for me to use others to make myself feel confident but I have always felt better when I can help someone. The confidence though is usually short lived and at the end of the day I am miserable, clear or not.

Confidence is hard to find. I only feel confident when I help someone, being nice to people makes me feel a little importance.

I love telling people how smart they are or how beautiful they are because I know some people need to hear it. I love to help everyone, kindness is my only talent.

It might be shallow for me to use others to make myself feel confident but I have always felt better when I can help someone. The confidence though is usually short lived and at the end of the day I am miserable, clear or not.

To scary u think exactly like me. Though i find it weird how i dont see acne on anyone but when i look at my mirror and see myself i feel disgusted, just pathetic, but it's like invisible to me if someone else has it