Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmcsm

Has BP ever done this to you?

I'm in my 4th week of the regimen. Using 3/4 finger of BP. I am experiencing a lot of flaking but I don't really mind but...Suddenly I'm seeing white flecks coming out from my pores? I think they must be the stuff that was clogging my pores. But now they come out by themselves?

My problem is that now I look like I have white hair growing from my pores on my chin and cheeks. What do I do? Or what can I do? Will it go away? Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm in my 4th week of the regimen. Using 3/4 finger of BP. I am experiencing a lot of flaking but I don't really mind but...Suddenly I'm seeing white flecks coming out from my pores? I think they must be the stuff that was clogging my pores. But now they come out by themselves?

My problem is that now I look like I have white hair growing from my pores on my chin and cheeks. What do I do? Or what can I do? Will it go away? Any advice would be appreciated.

I dont really have enough experience with the regimen, but maybe you should try and exfoliate? Dont know if that sounds reasonable. But it's worth a try.!

I do exfoliate with a baby brush at night. I only cleanse, exfoliate and use BP at night. The thing is even when I wake up in the morning my skin doesn't feel dry or flaky. But once I do the regimen in the morning.. In about an hour I feel flaking and notice all this white stuff. I find it wierd that when I use moisturiser in the day my skin flakes more compared to at night when I don't use moisturiser.

OMG, I began having the same problem several years ago. I noticed it when I was on a retin-A micro/benzaclin regimen. I noticed these white spikes on my chin, right under my lower lip. They feel spiky too, hence the name I gave them :). Unfortunately, I still have them about 3 or 4 years later. What I notice is that the dryer my skin gets from using harsh acne products, the more prominent the spikes.

I think it's your skin drying up. I think moisturizing at night is a must to keep flakes away, at least it is for me.

I agree with rg, my skin got flaky and dry when using BP. It still does get dry when I forget to put on moisturizer but not flaky anymore. Remember let the BP Dry for about 10 minutes after gently applying it. Try spending less time applying BP and more time applying moisturizer so it really is massaged into your skin. It's been 8 months since I've been on the Regimen and I had 1 pimple since November!

Yes my skin is flaky but only along my jawline..but this white stuff is on my forehead and cheeks. I tried moisturising at night but I woke up with an oil slicked face and had to deal with oilyness for the whole day. I think I'm going to try moisturising at night every other day.